NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, is showcasing the latest innovative developments in location at the ITS European Congress 2011 in Lyon (Stand A10). Senior NAVTEQ executives are also taking part in three Congress sessions.
Location is Opportunity – The exhibit showcases how "location" is being leveraged to enhance consumer experiences, featuring NAVTEQ and collaborators’ products, services and latest technology on Stand A10.
• NAVTEQ Traffic Pro® in TPEG format: Previewing NAVTEQ’s industry-leading traffic services in the TPEG standard format – this confirms the company’s intent to support the TPEG protocol which promises to deliver a range of impressive benefits. NAVTEQ Traffic outpaces its rivals in terms of coverage. It is the world’s largest and most diverse global traffic network delivering reliable, highly precise, real-time traffic information aggregated from a comprehensive range of sources. Unique, proprietary technology is used to integrate, process and transmit traffic information.
• ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems): Featuring a Pay-As-You-Drive road charging application supported by the NAVTEQ MPE™ map which contains ADAS geometry and precise ADAS attributes. In addition to PAYD applications, the NAVTEQ MPE™ map enables a range of dedicated in-vehicle ADAS solutions without requiring navigation, for example, fuel economy applications which rely on precise slope and curvature attributes.
• Green routing and driving: Demonstrating a ‘green routing’ application with Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Locations content. NAVTEQ’s comprehensive green portfolio includes a unique bundle of content and services which enable a range of eco-applications such as ‘green routing’ and ‘green driving’. The most fuel efficient route is calculated by ‘green routing’; whilst ‘green driving’ provides driver cues which can lead to even greater fuel efficiency by facilitating smoother acceleration and braking behaviour and also optimal speed and gear selection. Using a range of NAVTEQ content such as Traffic, ADAS, and road attributes (i.e. stops signs and red lights), the green portfolio also helps to manage EV batteries and powertrain by supporting more energy efficient operation and more accurate battery range calculations.
• Indoor location based services: Demonstrating the potential for a multitude of high value services using NAVTEQ’s Destination Maps and Location Based Advertising Platform along with Nokia’s High Accuracy Indoor Positioning (HAIP) technology. Individuals or other assets with a HAIP enabled tag or phone can be very precisely located and/or guided. Potential services include: indoor navigation; indoor advertising; security/tracking applications; sports coaching; guidance for the disabled and much more…..
• Terminal mode – Demonstrating how Terminal Mode enables the safest-to-date integration of a smartphone into a vehicle, providing seamless and safe access to selected mobile services:
o No need to touch or look at the phone, all interaction is handled by the car systems (rotary switch, steering wheel commands, in-dash touch screen, etc.)
o When connected, the phone display is automatically optimised for display on the car’s in dash screen
o The car head-unit differentiates between applications and content deciding what is suitable when driving or parked.
Terminal Mode gives users seamless availability, connection and navigation whether using a mobile device in the car or as a pedestrian. It also supports other important functions such as Telematics (remote diagnostics, E-Call, Road User Charging, pay as you drive insurance, warranty management), remote software flashing and updates. Through Terminal Mode, auto OEMs can benefit from the fast pace of innovation in consumer electronics without compromises on driver distraction.
Executive, Special and Technical Sessions – Hear what NAVTEQ has to say in key Congress meetings:
Date/times/venue: Tuesday 7th June 16:00 to 17:30 - Room Rhone 3A
Subject: Smartphones: a key device for the truck industry. How the best companion of truck drivers will improve transport solution efficiency
NAVTEQ speaker: Frans van Dingenen, Director Marketing and Business Development ADAS
Date/times/venue: Wednesday 8th June 11:00 to 13:30 – Pasteur Lounge
Subject: Information and communication: suppliers & users
NAVTEQ speaker: Bruno Simon, VP Business Development & Government, EMEA
Date/times/venue: Wednesday 8th June 11:00 to 13:30 – Room Rhone 2
Subject: The case for CO2 reduction for digital map enhanced eco-driving and eco-routing
Information and communication: suppliers & users
NAVTEQ speaker: Bob Denaro, Advanced Diver Assistance Systems
Please feel free to drop by the NAVTEQ stand at any time.
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of location content in the form of maps, traffic and places data that enables navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies precise, comprehensive location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 5,600 employees located in 213 offices in 50 countries.
For more information on NAVTEQ, please visit corporate.navteq.com . This NAVTEQ press release and other news is available at press.navteq.com. Join NAVTEQ on Facebook at facebook.com/NAVTEQCompany and Twitter at @NAVTEQ.
NAVTEQ is a trademark in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.