Asigra, Inc., a leading Cloud Backup™, recovery and restore (BURR) software provider since 1986, today announced the launch of Asigra Cloud Backup v11 with Cloud BURR industry firsts including data protection of handheld devices, including tablets and smartphones; the first multi-tenanted client to dramatically reduce management resources; and the industry’s most automated cloud license server. The new software is the first enterprise-class cloud backup platform to protect the entire digital footprint (storage, servers, desktops, and laptops on the enterprise LAN as well as remote tablets, smartphones, and laptops), provide data Recovery and Restore Assurance (R2A) for consumers, and establish new performance benchmarks.
Asigra Cloud Backup v11 News Facts
· Industry-first SMB and enterprise-wide cloud backup, recovery and restoration support for tablets and smartphones for end-to-end protection of the digital footprint. This expanded support allows rollback to any point across any device to meet recovery point and recovery time objectives (RPO/RTO). Asigra’s mobile backup app is now available through the Apple App Store, Android Market and Amazon Appstore.
· New for 2011 is DS-Consumer™, consumer cloud backup with Recovery, Restore Assurance (R2A). Today, there are numerous consumer backup solutions available in the marketplace that do a great job of backing up the data but do not provide any assurance that the backed up data will be restorable when needed. Asigra Cloud Backup provides users with a local as well as an off-site copy of the data and allows the end user to rollback to any point in time. Cloud backup service providers powered by Asigra can now offer a game-changing solution for consumers.
· Version 11 provides greater automation of the industry’s best Cloud License Server for simple and comprehensive management of multi-tenant environments. Advancements include a significant reduction in deployment and maintenance time requireme
nts, greater operational efficiency, and redundant license availability for automatic “license re-fill” to ensure SLAs with customers are never impacted by cloud license governance matters.
· Asigra Cloud Backup v11 also introduces a comprehensive and intuitive Web-based Command Center that provides complete visibility, control and management of the entire Asigra environment from anywhere/anytime via this new DS-NOC (Network Operations Center).
· Up to 400% performance improvement to cope with ever-increasing data and to accomplish backups within allotted backup windows. Asigra Cloud Backup v11 supports 10 Gbps LAN interfaces on storage hardware, network switches and servers. Additionally, the internal Asigra processes have been improved to handle much faster data read/writes. These internal improvements include multi-threaded data de-duplication, parallel processing for read I/O and data throughput, multiple overlapped I/O, and delta differencing algorithm improvements.
· With Asigra Cloud Backup v11 Asigra is now tightly integrated with NetApp and features API-level integration with NetApp FAS devices. This integration provides accelerated performance and recovery for maximum efficiency.
· The Asigra future-proof platform is hardware agnostic to deliver unparalleled data portability while offering flexible up/down scalability for true cloud elasticity.
Asigra Customer, Partner and Product Videos: youtube.com/user/AsigraVideos
Asigra Cloud Backup v11 provides a simple, single, adaptable, and flexible Cloud BURR platform for end-to-end data protection – from handhelds to distributed data centers. As users today generate business content on their mobile devices (tablets and smartphones), corporate IT must respond and protect this data to ensure compliance requirements are met. Protection includes support for Apple iOS devices such as the iPad, iPod, & iPhone as well as Google Android–based tablets and smartphones. These computing endpoints demand increased data protection requirements, new data protection strategies, higher BURR platform scalability, and new application access control policies which Asigra is the first solution of its kind to address.
With the launch of DS-Consumer in version 11, Asigra increases the total addressable market (TAM) for its partners, opening access to what is expected to be a $372 million market by 2015. By extending its business-class protection to consumers, this segment of the industry now has a solution that provides data recovery assurance with Asigra Recovery and Restoration Assurance (R2A). This high level of protection is available at a very competitive price point compared to existing solutions while providing a much higher quality of service, including local and remote copies of backup data and rollback to any point in time.
For the past 25 years, Asigra has remained 100 percent focused on its community of Service Providers (SPs), who deliver services Powered by Asigra or sell the software for private or hybrid-cloud deployment to their end customers. The company is committed to helping its partners become more agile and profitable by automating many of the manual management processes common with alternative technologies to reduce the cost of deployment, maintenance, license management and allocation, etc. Additionally, while most SaaS applications remain tightly coupled to hardware, making managed service providers (MSPs) less nimble in adapting to market conditions, Asigra Cloud Backup is completely decoupled from hardware, increasing deployment flexibility and lowering overall costs.
· David Farajun, CEO, Asigra, Inc.:
“How organizations protect their data is increasingly determined by user-driven trends, such as the integration of mobile devices in business environments. The launch of version 11 reaffirms our commitment to overcoming the challenges of today’s evolving IT environment by providing the finest technology available to meet the needs of our customers. There simply isn’t a better end-to-end data protection solution in the world.”
· Dave Russell, Research Vice President, Gartner
“It will be important for IT professionals to deploy comprehensive backup and recovery strategies if they hope to reduce the staff requirements, capital expense and operational inefficiencies of managing multiple islands of data protection in the enterprise. Cloud backup, recovery and restore providers that deliver more holistic solutions will see their message resonate rapidly with the growing number of organizations plagued by backup challenges.”
· Steve Duplessie, Founder and Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG)
“As companies deal with the tidal wave of data entering their doors, they need an effective strategy for managing how all of this information is collected, protected and recovered when needed. Asigra delivers a clean and efficient approach regardless of the computing environment that changes the game for IT.”
· Idris Grant, VP, Storage & Backup, Terremark Worldwide, Inc., a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc.
“Businesses today require IT products and services that lead the industry in innovation, reliability and investment protection, delivering measurable value. Asigra’s best-in-class cloud backup solution offers unparalleled leadership in all of these areas and has become recognized by partners such as Terremark Worldwide as the one to beat. Version 11 is a testament to their continuing leaders