PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Renton, WA, United States, 2011/05/11 - Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition Launch Lets Businesses Run Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux Environments Side-by-Side on an Apple Mac mini.
Parallels today announced the launch of Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition, a new edition of its one-of-a-kind Mac server virtualization solution optimized for Mac minis running Mac OS X server software. Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition lets businesses turn an Apple Mac mini server running Mac OS X Server into a multi-purpose platform capable of running Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and their applications side by side. Tailored specifically for small businesses that need to consolidate a few servers, Parallels makes it simple to provide mission critical software on a cost-effective Mac mini.
“Businesses are increasingly taking advantage of the Mac mini as an affordable alternative to traditional servers. Smart organizations can get even more performance and savings from their Mac mini server by using Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition to run multiple operating systems and applications on the same box,” said Kim Johnston, Vice President of Marketing at Parallels. “Businesses can reduce their need for different hardware platforms, saving space, power and administration time, while easily adding new services without the need to increase the budget for additional hardware purchases.”
“Our business has used a Mac mini as a primary server for a few years, but we also had to run a separate Windows server for applications such as Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint. Thanks to Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition, we consolidated everything onto our Mac mini and saved money, space and time. One of our favorite features is remote administration of the Parallels Management Console for easy deployment and backing up of virtual machines,” said Bruce Rubin, owner and developer of Radical Design Software and Oribus.
Parallels Server 4.0 Mac mini Edition is the only server virtualization solution optimized for Apple server hardware. Its features, capabilities and benefits include:
• Virtual machine provisioning up to 2 virtual machines with 2 virtual CPUs and 4GB of RAM;
• Support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms;
• Smart installation technology for the host and express installation capabilities for both Windows and Linux guests speeds time to deployment;
• Configuration capabilities for USB devices via host or virtual machine;
• Shared folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS guest OSs;
• Integrated snapshots, incremental and full backups of virtual machines streamlines the ability to protect the virtual environments without the need for 3rd party software;
• Consolidate Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and other Windows Server applications directly on your Mac mini;
• Extend your Mac OS X server capabilities with Linux applications like Moodle, Wordpress and MySQL providing new capabilities to your small business.
Pricing and availability
Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition is available now for $299. It can be purchased from Parallels at parallels.com/macmini.
Parallels (parallels.com) is a worldwide leader in hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 800 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ParallelsMac and friend us on Facebook at facebook.com/ParallelsDesktop.