Scala, the world’s leading software provider for digital signage networks, will exhibit its latest release of Scala QuickStart that supports HP’s new SignagePlayer at Screenmedia Expo, May 18-19 at Earls Court Exhibition and Conference Center in London (Booth E23).
The new and affordable HP SignagePlayer/Scala QuickStart solution features a locked-down Microsoft® Windows® Embedded operating system and a preconfigured Scala Player for outstanding performance and reliability.1 Displaying videos, pictures, crawls, interactive Adobe® Flash and Scala scripts with dynamic text or graphics in any combination up to 1080p allows the system to be used in a wide range of applications. HP SignagePlayers can also be easily connected to any Scala Content Manager anywhere in the world.
“Never before has setting up a full-featured digital signage player been this easy,” said Gerard Bucas, Scala’s Chief Executive Officer. “We’re incredibly pleased to introduce this new service in conjunction with the new Scala certified players from HP. We believe we have achieved a significant breakthrough for the industry.”
At Screenmedia 2011, HP will provide all PCs and all of the 26 screens used in the Scala stand, including HP’s 42-inch digital signage touchscreen and HP’s newest screen, the 47-inch LD4710 with bezels that are less than 18 mm wide. This new digital signage display is thinner, smarter and more connected, giving businesses a full-featured, contemporary and engaging digital signage solution from HP.
Scala 5 Release 6 Scala will showcase a number of features of its next generation software — Release 6 — which will be shipping this summer. Release 6 is a significant update that builds on the current Scala platform of Designer, Content Manager and Player. Release 6 highlights:
• More Video and Streaming Options: Release 6 adds support for standard H.264 and MPEG2 streaming videos in addition to the support Scala has had for Windows Media Streaming protocols.
• Razor-Sharp HD Quality: Capture cards such as the Datapath RGB E-1 video capture card and the BlackMagic Intensity Pro video capture card are now supported in Release 6 for capturing high-definition component video signals at 720p or 1080i, as well as unencrypted HDMI up to 1080p.
• Making Life Easier for IT: A common requirement in larger networks is that Scala Content Manager can integrate with LDAP servers such as Microsoft’s Active Directory server. Release 6 will allow Content Manager to integrate with such established enterprise tools.
• “Raising the Bar” for dynamic visual effects: Release 6 adds dramatic new visual enhancements for Scala content developed in Designer.
• Bridging the Communication Gap: With this new release, Scala is introducing a new bridge server to support new non-PC players such as the SpinetiX Hyper Media Player.
Intel® AIM Suite an Anonymous Video Analytics Technology
Scala will also showcase the measurement capabilities of Intel® AIM Suite (Audience Impression Metrics), which was recently integrated with Scala Ad Manager advertising management software. Experience a live demo at the Scala stand. Intel AIM Suite software uses anonymous face-detection algorithms to aggregate data on the number of people viewing the sign, length of attention, gender and age bracket. It does this while maintaining complete anonymity and consumer privacy.
Real Directional Sound
The audio at the stand will be provided by Parametric Sound Partner Audionation-UK Ltd. The new award-winning HSS-III directional speaker system is designed to target a specific listening area. HSS-III technology uses tightly focused beams of sound to the intended audience in a lightweight and cost effective package. Delivering focused audio messages in conjunction with digital signage, point of sale, kiosks and other screen media.
The I-Point is the newest member of the 10 Squared product range. It has a unique aesthetic, which is ideally suited to high-profile locations such as company receptions or hotel lobbies where first impressions are of great importance. The I-Point is a versatile unit and can be used for a number of different applications such as an information point, automatic check-in or interactive advertising.
To request an interview or booth demo with a Scala representative at Screenmedia Expo 2011, contact Harry Horn by email at Harry.Horn[.]scala.nl or by phone.
Driving more than 500,000 screens worldwide, Scala (scala.com) is a leading global provider of digital signage and advertising management solutions. Scala is the world’s first connected signage company, offering the leading platform for content creation, management and distribution in digital signage networks and the first unified platform for advertising management of both traditional and digital signage networks. The company's digital signage customers include Rabobank, IKEA, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, Warner Brothers, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, Repsol, NorgesGruppen, Audi, ECE Flatmedia, Kaufhof (Metro Group) and thousands more. Advertising management customers include CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor and Newad, among others. Scala is headquartered near Philadelphia, USA, and has subsidiaries in Canada, The Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany and Japan, as well as more than 450 partners in more than 60 countries.
(1) Broadband internet access and Scala QuickStart subscription are required and sold separately. The Scala QuickStart subscription may be activated at registration.scalaquickstart.com/.