Aras®, the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions, today announced that the Live Webcast “Aras PLM Platform - Technology Vision and Roadmap” will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 11:00am Eastern U.S. time.
Live Webcast: Aras PLM Platform - Technology Vision and Roadmap
May 19, 2011 at 11:00am Eastern Time
Register at: aras.com/.
The live Webcast is part of the Aras Community Events (ACE) Innovation Series and features Rob McAveney, Director of Product Management at Aras. It will cover the Aras vision, direction and approach, and explain how Aras is helping companies transform and standardize global processes to prepare for an increasingly dynamic environment.
Aras sees a future where large-scale PLM deployments are based on secure platforms with open architectures, standard protocols, heterogeneous technologies and federated environments that free companies from proprietary lock-in and restrictive licensing models.
The webcast will outline the fundamental disconnect between the direction modern enterprise technologies are headed and the reality of the PLM systems that the other major PLM providers are offering.
Webcast attendees will:
- Learn about Aras's key innovation: the Model-Based Service-Oriented Architecture which provides a new level of flexibility and upgradability – regardless of customization;
- Scalability for the largest global environments with numerous deployment scenario options;
- Discover how we are approaching application-specific clients including Portals, SharePoint, Mobile apps, Flash, Silverlight, enterprise mash-ups and more;
- Hear our perspective on Easy to Use, drag-and-drop Solution Studio capabilities and important functionality such as business intelligence;
- Find out about Open & Secure platform APIs for real-time Federation across the enterprise with existing solutions, legacy systems and point applications;
- Get our Future Vision for multi-platform technology support and find out about the near term Roadmap of release plans;
About the ACE Innovation Series
The Aras Community Events (ACE) Innovation Series provides today's business leaders with information, insight and tools to optimize business practices and achieve strategic objectives in rapidly changing, highly competitive global markets. The Innovation Series program features a cross-section of corporate leaders, subject matter experts and hands-on users, and offers insight into Executive Strategy, Corporate Benchmarking and Industry Practices, as well as Global Perspectives for the planning, implementation and expansion of Product Lifecycle Management and related technologies.
Aras (aras.com) is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand, Klöckner Desma, Hi-P and ACCO Brands. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. For additional information visit the website or follow us on Twitter @aras_plm
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.