The RuggedStore 3100 appliance combines Themis’s thermal and kinetic design expertise with EMC® VNXe® unified storage systems to deliver an unmatched combination of capabilities, simplicity, and efficiency for ruggedized storage. The RuggedStore 3100 enables storage consolidation with seamless management that eliminates the boundaries between applications and their storage. Designed for military critical defense and industrial customers, the new systems are capable of withstanding wide temperature ranges, intense shock and vibration. The base unit can hold up to 12 drives, with scalability of up to 96 total drives, using storage expansion enclosures.
The RuggedStore 3100 meets the needs of dynamic organizations that must scale and distribute work group access to data. This ruggedized appliance provides an ideal platform for demanding environments with physical server infrastructures, as well as those employing server virtualization, to drive consolidation and greater efficiency. The RuggedStore 3100 provides a set of features that enable exceptional capacity utilization, data protection and availability solutions, and advanced support capabilities.
RuggedStore 3100 Appliance Highlights
The increased capabilities of advanced network storage often result in new interfaces to master, new terminology to decipher, and new processes to implement. The Themis RuggedStore 3100 takes a fundamentally different approach, aligning storage management with applications, avoiding arcane storage terms for plain language, and embedding storage and application best practices into the user interface for a faster, simpler user experience in completing everyday administrative tasks. Features include:
• Compact 2RU x 17.46” x 16.69” (88.5 mm x 443.4 mm x 424 mm) form factor that is suitable for almost any environment;
• Multi-protocol IP connectivity for concurrent NAS and SANs with support for file-based (CIFS, NFS) and block-based (iSCSI) protocols;
• Scalable up to 96 drives and 57.6 TB with 2.5″ 600-GB SAS drives;
• Two 1-Gb/sec Ethernet for NAS and iSCSI, with 1 Flex I/O slot that allows for four additional 1-Gb/sec ports
• Powerful application-based provisioning wizards for breakthrough simplicity, including seamless integration with VMWare, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Hyper-V;
• Themis RuggedStore Manager is a customized version of Unisphere for VNXe and provides centralized management for seamless access to all storage;
• No single-point-of-failure design: dual redundant storage processors and power supplies;
• Comprehensive data protection, recovery, security, and compliance;
• Advanced efficiency features including thin provisioning, file deduplication, compression, and snapshots;
• Integrated self-help and support infrastructure automates and speeds problem resolution;
• Advanced 6Gbps SAS drive support;
• Backup consolidation with integrated EMC Networker™ Fast Start and third part solutions like Symantec Backup Exec or Commvault Galaxy;
• Comprehensive support ecosystem;
• Industry-leading ruggedization by Themis to withstand extreme shock, vibration, and temperature ranges;
o Temperature range: 0° to 55° C;
o Humidity: 0 to 90%;
o Shock: 3 axis, 30G, 25 ms;
o Vibration: 3.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000Hz;
• MIL-STD-810G (shock and vibration);
• MIL-STD-740 (quiet operation).
Based on the EMC VNXe unified storage system, the RuggedStore 3100 delivers unmatched simplicity and efficiency. Its unique capabilities include the ability to:
• Provision storage for hundreds of Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes, or a 1TB VMware data store, in less-than 2 minutes;
• Automatically double storage capacity utilization using advanced data reduction technologies;
• Provide automated diagnosis, service, and technical support information in a single click.
The RuggedStore 3100 appliance enables customers to:
• Run Microsoft SQL Server three times faster than previous industry technology. Run Oracle OLTP three times faster than previous industry technology;
• Boot 500 virtual desktops in eight minutes;
• Reduce Microsoft SQL Server administration and tuning chores by hours per week;
• Improve capacity efficiency up to two times with file deduplication, compression, and thin provisioning.
“EMC and Themis have collaborated to produce the Themis RuggedStore 3100, the first in a family of products. The RuggedStore 3100 is the first military grade storage system to address scalability, maintainability and total cost of ownership”, said Bill Kehret, CEO of Themis. “Combined with Themis’ DoD ready server technology, we are able to bring today’s war-fighters and security agencies the newest data processing technology, with best use of Space, Weight and Power (SWAP). We also have the best scalability, thanks in large part to EMC’s top to bottom overhaul of their storage product line and a common management platform. This scalability, coupled with a laser sharp focus on reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS), enable us to bring the defense community the best total cost of ownership value (TCO), in the industry, to date”, continued Mr. Kehret.
“Working with Themis was an obvious choice for us,” commented Tony Wood, Senior Director of Global OEM Sales at EMC. “EMC and Themis share a common commitment to standards and focus on storage requirements for mission critical applications. VNXe is a critical piece of EMC’s unified storage portfolio, enabling customers to do more with less. Combining EMC unified storage technology with Themis’s ruggedized design expertise brings a unique and unmatched storage solution to demanding, mission critical defense and industry applications.”
The RuggedStore 3100 networked storage appliance will be available in Q3, 2011. Please contact Themis for additional information.
Themis to Exhibit at EMC World in May
The Themis RuggedStore 3100 networked storage appliance will be on display at EMC World 2011 at the Venetian from May 9 through 12th. Additionally, please join Themis at booth 933 for a RuggedStore 3100 storage demonstration.
About Themis Computer
Themis Computer (themis.com) is a leading developer and supplier of high performance board and system level products for mission-critical commercial and military applications. Themis has a diverse product portfolio that includes board-level computers, rack mounted servers, bladed server systems, mission and payload systems, small form factors, and storage appliances. Themis provides open standards-based embedded computing platforms that support Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows® operating systems. Themis products incorporate features that ensure high reliability and availability while reducing the risks of failure caused by extreme environments. An ISO 9001 certified company, Themis Computer practices Total Quality Management (TQM) in all areas of its business, from engineering and manufacturing to customer service. Themis Computer is headquartered in Fremont, California and offers worldwide service and support.
In Europe contact:
Themis Computer Europe
5, rue Irène Joliot-Curie, 38320 Eybens, France
P: +33 (0) 476-14-77-86 / F: +33 (0) 476-14-77-89