The CIO Utilities Summit, June 12-14, 2011, will bring together CIOs, IT executives and solution providers to network and attend in-depth education sessions in a relaxed, yet focused setting. The event is an opportunity for attendees to participate in roundtables, panel discussions and analyst Q&A sessions on smart grid optimization and security, enterprise mobility, effective customer communication strategies, cloud computing, and more.
Members of the CIO Utilities Summit Content Committee:
• Stuart Ravens, Principal Analyst, Energy & Utilities Technology, Ovum (Master of Ceremonies);
• Marianne Swanson, Senior Advisor, Information System Security & Chair, Smart Grid Interoperability, National Institute of Standards and Technology;
• Greg Taffet, CIO, U.S. Gas and Electric;
• Christopher Peters, VP, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Entergy;
• Bill DePrater, Client Portfolio Lead & IT Business Partner, Pacific Gas and Electric Company;
• Meir Shargal, Partner & Smart Utility Leader, Global Utility Group, CSC.
“This year’s CIO Utilities Summit Content Committee represents some of the best of the best in the industry. I’m excited to be working with all of them and even more excited about the value that they will bring to the event attendees through their knowledge and leadership,” said Christian Morato, Event Director, CIO Utilities Summit.
Content Committee members will participate in the keynote panel discussion,“Securing the Smart Grid - A Guide to Managing Cyber Security Risk.” The panel will discuss security compliance strategies, operational security within hostile environments, and how to protect against evolving business security threats.
If you are interested in attending the CIO Utilities Summit, contact Christian Morato, Event Director, CIO Utilities Summit.
About CIO Utilities Summit
CDM Media brings together CIOs and technology executives from North America’s Fortune 1000 organizations to develop business ideas and build lasting relationships with peers and colleagues. The CIO Utilities Summit (cioutilitiessummit.com), to be held June 12-14, 2011 in Scottsdale, Arizona, allows IT executives to discuss the latest business technology issues and learn about current technology solutions.