Award-winning KTGY Group, Inc., Architecture and Planning, is pleased to announce that The Solaris Collection at Daybreak in South Jordan, Utah was featured on the green building tour during the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) National Green Building Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Participants in the National Green Building Conference got to visit Solaris at Daybreak and several other local green building projects during the Green Building and Technology Tour. With stops in the Salt Lake City area and the mountain resort town of Park City, the daylong bus tour took place on Sunday, May 1, the first day of this year’s conference.
Those on the tour were able to visit one of the ENERGY STAR, solar-powered Solaris homes built by Garbett Homes of Salt Lake City with modern-style architectural designs by KTGY. Aimed at the first-time home buyer, Solaris is one of Utah’s first affordable solar-powered single-family homes.
The Solaris Collection is located within Daybreak, an award-winning master-planned community less than thirty minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Daybreak is being developed by Kennecott Land of South Jordan, Utah. With a planned build out of 20,000 homes on more than 4,000 acres, the developer aims to fill a need for sustainable housing in the rapidly growing Salt Lake City metropolitan area. Each of the community’s five “villages” contains a variety of residential types, including urban loft-style condominiums, townhomes, and single-family and estate-style homes.
With new home sales off from the peak, Utah’s home builders are looking for every advantage in selling their products. Garbett Homes, one of Utah’s top homebuilders, is positioning itself as Utah’s “Greenest” Builder. Without increasing prices for environmental efficiency, Garbett is producing comfortably-sized solar powered and thermal powered homes at Daybreak in South Jordan, aptly named the Solaris collection.
"In today’s economic climate, people are more conscious of conserving energy and money,” said Garbett Homes' Marketing Director Rene Oehlerking. "Garbett Homes is pleased to be contributing to the community and environment by building homes that use less energy and produce less waste. We’re focused on providing this technology and these benefits without having our customers pay a premium,” he continued. All Garbett homes are also built to the 100% ENERGY STAR specification, which dramatically decreases monthly energy bills for homeowners.
The technology behind the Solaris collection at Daybreak is the result of a collaboration with KTGY and PVT Solar. Featuring contemporary designs, the Solaris Collection boasts a finished space of 2,200 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, a two-car garage and fenced yard. Powering these ideal homes for first time buyers are built-in solar panels that automatically convert sunlight into electricity even on a cloudy day. Unlike other “green” homes on the market, Solaris is built economically and doesn’t cost any more to the buyer than homes that are less environmentally friendly. More information about Garbett’s green building techniques can be found at garbetthomes.com/buildinggreen.html.
Solaris’ stunning modern architecture, bold colors and innovative, sustainable design and cutting-edge materials include a rooftop photovoltaic system, cool white roof, Hardie board exterior, dual-pane low-E windows, R-19 walls and R-38 ceiling, high-efficiency furnace, and all ENERGY STAR appliances.
Sustainable design and affordability is also enhanced through its close proximity to mass transit, major employment centers, shopping, dining, entertainment, schools, playgrounds, parks, community gardens, pavilions, and places of worship. There are also outstanding community amenities like miles of nature trails for biking, jogging and walking.
The Solaris Collection at Daybreak in Utah demonstrates that a first-time homebuyer can now afford a contemporary modern-style, solar-powered single-family home. The 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2-car garage, fenced yard, optional finished basement, from the low $200,000s includes:
• Solar power for 75% savings off your electric bill
• White membrane roof reflects excess heat
• Exterior finish of stucco and Hardie-board
• Beautiful private porches connecting you with the neighborhood
• Professionally landscaped and maintained community
• Large, dual-paned, low-E vinyl windows
• Security lighting
• Maintenance-free soffit and fascia
• Full rain gutters
• Outside waterproof electrical outlets
• Hose bib in garage.
• Double car attached garage w/ automatic opener
• Tiled front entry way and kitchen
• Central air conditioning with 13 Seer AC units
• Vaulted ceilings in entry and living room
• Five panel interior doors
• 4” baseboards
• Mini-Chamfer sheetrock corners
• Textured ceiling and wholly smooth texture on walls
• Designer lighting in brushed nickel finish
• Brushed nickel finish on all hardware
• Energy Star certified home
• Energy efficient insulation: R-19 walls and R-38 ceilings
• 80% high efficiency furnace
• 4 four-port jacks for high-speed Internet, TV and phone
• 2 CAT-5 telephone jacks
• Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors.
• Designer beech-wood cabinetry
• Ceramic tile flooring
• Energy Star GE stainless steel gas range
• Energy Star GE stainless steel microwave
• Energy Star GE stainless steel dishwasher
• Stainless steel sink
• Quality Moen faucet with Chrome finish
• Easy-care laminate countertops
• Recessed light fixtures
• 1/3 horse-power garbage disposal
• Pre-plumbed water line to refrigerator.
• Designer beech-wood cabinetry
• Decorative vinyl flooring
• Easy-care laminate countertops
• Quality Moen faucets with chrome finish
• 5’ one-piece tub/shower combo in most master bathrooms or garden tub with pre-cast shower
• 5’ one-piece tub/shower combo in guest bathroom.
Main Floor: 670 SF
Optional Unfinished Basement: 670 SF
Standard Upper Level: 772 SF
Total: 2,112 SF
Main Floor: 830 SF
Optional Unfinished Basement: 830 SF
Standard Upper Level: 1,131 SF
Total: 2,791 SF
About KTGY Group, Inc.
Established in 1991, KTGY Group, Inc., Architecture and Planning, provides comprehensive planning and award-winning architectural design services for residential communities, retail, hospitality, mixed-use and related specialty developments. KTGY delivers innovative solutions that reflect clear understanding of development, marketing and financial performance and takes particular pride in its highly motivated and principal led studios. Serving clients worldwide, KTGY maintains offices in Irvine, Oakland and Santa Monica, Calif., Denver, Colo., and Tysons Corner, Va.