Nine UK companies have been nominated for the esteemed 2011 LIMA Licensing Awards, placing Britain second only to the USA for number of nominations. The UK nominees for the awards are:
• Victoria & Albert Museum/V&A Enterprises – Categories: Best Art or Design Program of the Year; Best Art or Design Licensee of the Year, and Overall Best Licensed Program of the Year
• Creative Tops (Property – V&A Museum) – Category: Best Art or Design Licensee of the Year
• The Smiley Company – Category: Best Art or Design Program of the Year
• JCB (J C Bamford Excavators Limited/JCB Consumer Products – Categories: Best Corporate Brand Program of the Year and Overall Best Licensed Program of the Year
• The Licensing Company/ Jelly Belly – Category: Best Corporate Brand Program of the Year
• Boots (Property, Strictly Come Dancing) – Category: Best Retailer of the Year
• Entertainment One (Property, Peppa Pig) – Category: Best Character or Toy Brand Program of the Year
• Ludorum/RTL (Property, Chuggington Traffic Safety Cross-Platform Promotion) – Category: Best Licensed Promotion of the Year
• Chorion (Property Mr. Happy Should’ve Gone to Specsavers Promotion) - Category: Best Licensed Promotion of the Year
Kelvyn Gardner, Managing Director of LIMA UK, said; “This is a great coup for British companies and I would urge all UK members of LIMA to back Britain and vote for UK nominees to receive one of these highly sought after accolades. It is this sort of recognition which places Britain ahead of the pack on the global marketplace.”
Winners will be revealed at the LIMA Opening Night Awards Ceremony at Licensing International Expo in Las Vegas on 14th June 2011. Voting is open to members of the trade body, LIMA, only and is limited to one vote per company. The deadline for voting is Friday 13th May 2011.
Founded in 1985, LIMA (licensing.org) is the worldwide trade organisation for the licensing industry. LIMA’s main objective is to work together with licensors and licensees for the advancement of professionalism in licensing through research, national and international seminars, trade events and publications. With members in 35 countries, offices in New York, Milton Keynes, Munich, Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong and representatives in Italy, members enjoy access to a wide variety of activities, information and benefits.
LIMA is a proud sponsor of the annual Licensing International Expo (Las Vegas), Brand Licensing Europe (London), LIMA Licensing Market (Munich), Day of Licensing (Cologne), Creative Market Tokyo, Shanghai Licensing Pavilion, Dubai Character Fair, Seoul Character Fair and the Hong Kong Licensing Show.
In addition, LIMA offers ways to jump start a career in licensing through its Certificate in Licensing Studies (CLS) program, which is the only educational course specifically designed to prepare professionals to succeed in the ever-changing licensing industry, and the flip (Future LIMA Industry Professionals) program offering support and networking for industry newcomers. LIMA UK has been operating since 1999.
In addition to our international services, we support local members with UK government contact, specialist business support services and UK-tailored educational seminars and networking events.