• Worldwide software license sales provide 56 percent year-to-year increase over 2010;
• First quarter ongoing growth of 20 percent;
• Adds and expands customer base from every industry sector, including Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, Valassis and The United States Department of Defense.
Ektron, a provider of web content management, social software and marketing optimization solutions, today announced double-digit global software license sales and ongoing growth during the first quarter of 2011. Over the past quarter, Ektron has fueled its growth with expansion in both the European and Asia-Pacific regions. It has also strengthened partnerships with industry leaders such as Brightcove and has built an exclusive industry relationship with Baynote.
In the first quarter of 2011, Ektron added customers from nearly every industry sector including Fairmont Raffles Hotels International; Acosta Sales and Marketing; CTPartners; JEA (Jacksonville Electric Authority); Hobby Town USA; A.O. Smith Corporation and The U.S. Department of Defense. Ektron also expanded its business with several existing customers, among them Valassis -- one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies and parent organization of the RedPlum™ brand.
"We're extremely pleased to align ourselves with a world-class vendor like Ektron," said Vineet Gupta, Senior Vice President of Technology at Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. "Fairmont Raffles is committed to providing travelers with an exceptional experience that begins when they first arrive at our website. Ektron helps to ensure that when our guests are planning to visit any Fairmont, Raffles or Swissotel property around the globe, their online experience will not only be enjoyable, but will also provide value to them and enhance their travel experience. "
Product and Industry Leadership Highlights
First quarter highlights for Ektron included:
• Ektron and Baynote announced a technology partnership that deepens the integration between the two platforms and provides their joint customers with the ability to deliver uniquely personalized website experiences.
• Ektron and Brightcove, the leading online video platform, announced an expanded partnership and integration that streamlines the online video publishing and content management process.
• Wrox released the "The Ektron Developer's Guide," a comprehensivewalkthrough guiding developers through the process of setting up, configuring, developing, testing and deploying an Ektron website using established best practices and helpful tips.
• For the seventh year Ektron was named to EContent Magazine's "Top 100" list for 2010-11 in the category of "Content Management."
• Ektron became the only content management solution provider providing PA-DSS validation, making Ektron's eCommerce and storefront module compliant with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council Payment Application Data Security Standard program.
• Building on its continued momentum and expansion in both Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, Ektron announced the opening of a new Brussels office and new executive leadership for APAC.
"Ektron has committed itself to delivering more innovation and solutions faster than any other vendor in the web content management space during 2011," said Bill Rogers, founder and CEO of Ektron. "Over 2011, you'll see Ektron ramp up every part of its business with new product enhancements and expanded infrastructure and support resources around the world. Our customers' success is Ektron's success and our sales growth reflects that."
Ektron empowers enterprises to create, publish and optimize web content that engages, converts and retains customers. Developers benefit from Ektron's extensibility and commitment to the Microsoft .NET framework. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, with offices in Australia, Canada, Singapore and the United Kingdom, Ektron has more than 8,000 customers worldwide. For more information, please visit ektron.com, ektron.co.uk or ektron.com.au/.
Michael O’Connell, PAN Communications
P: 978.474.1900 / E: ektron[.]pancomm.com.