Accellion, Inc., the award-winning pioneer in providing enterprise-class, secure collaboration and managed file transfer solutions, today announced the formation of the company’s advisory board. Members of the Accellion Board of Advisors bring decades of information technology and security experience across the government and business sectors. The board will provide insight and recommendations to Accellion’s senior management team, across their respective areas of expertise, on key trends and issues related to information security.
Government agencies and corporations are becoming increasingly aware of the need to protect the sharing of confidential information; as a result they are turning to Accellion information security solutions. As the company concludes a year of record growth, the combined expertise of the board will help Accellion further expand its presence in industries where information security is a priority.
“It is an honor to welcome our new Advisory Board members,” said Yorgen Edholm, president and CEO of Accellion. “Our new Advisory Board members bring vast experience and industry knowledge of information security needs across government and corporate organizations. We look forward to working with our board members to foster the continued growth and success of Accellion.”
Inaugural members of the Accellion Board of Advisors include:
• Yuri Aguiar, senior partner and chief information officer at Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide. Aguiar has worked almost every aspect of IT, domestically and internationally, during his 20-year career.
• Ralph Barber, information management consultant and veteran law firm IT professional. He has more than 20 years of experience in information technology management at large law firms and is the former Chief Technology Officer of Holland & Knight LLP. Barber has been named one of the top 100 Global Tech leaders by Cititech Magazine.
• General Wesley K. Clark, chairman and CEO of Wesley K. Clark & Associates, a strategic consulting firm. General Clark, a four-star general, served 38 years in the United States Army and is a former member of the Clinton Global Initiative's Energy & Climate Change Advisory Board.
• Joanne O’Rourke Isham, founding partner of Isham Associates, LLC, a leading global management and consulting firm. Isham retired from the Central Intelligence Agency in 2006 following a distinguished career. Joanne was the former Deputy Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and Deputy Director for Science and Technology at the CIA.
• Andy Jurczyk, chief information officer of SNR Denton US, a top 25 international law firm. Jurczyk is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board for Law Technology News. He is also a member of Infragard, a civilian membership in the homeland security effort coordinated by the FBI.
• Honorio J. Padrón III, executive advisory, global practice leader IT & GBS, the Hackett Group. Padrón’s career spans 30-years in business technology management, enterprise process re-engineering, enterprise transformation, shared services, outsourcing, and customer experience engineering. He has held the positions of CEO and CIO in a number of fortune 500 corporations and within the government, including Exelon, CompUSA, PepsiCo, Burger King, and NASA.
The world's leading corporations and government enterprises rely on Accellion solutions to secure their enterprise information and ensure compliance. Founded in 1999, Accellion, Inc. (accellion.com) provides enterprise-class secure collaboration and managed file transfer solutions that provide the ease-of-use internal and external users need while giving the enterprise organization the protection it needs. Accellion is the pioneer and leading provider of secure file transfer and collaboration solutions for employees and external users that span virtual and public, private, or hybrid cloud environments. The company is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices in North America, Asia and Europe. Follow Accellion’s Blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.