Accellion® today announced it is expanding beyond enterprise secure file transfer to enable enterprise secure collaboration. With the introduction of Accellion Secure Collaboration™ and Accellion Mobile Apps™, Accellion is providing business users with the ability to quickly and easily create secure workspaces for internal and external project teams to collaborate and share files. Users can securely access workspaces and files from almost any device including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and smartphones while corporations and government agencies have the protection they need to ensure enterprise data security and demonstrate compliance with HIPAA, SOX and FDA.
“Accellion Secure Collaboration builds on our Enterprise Managed File Transfer solution and is architected specifically for secure enterprise deployments spanning virtual and public, private and hybrid cloud environments,” said Yorgen Edholm, president and CEO of Accellion. “The solution combines all the best of our secure file transfer offering with easy-to-use secure collaboration functionality that improves business productivity while reducing the risk of enterprise data breaches.”
Corporations and government agencies are becoming increasingly aware of the need to protect the sharing of confidential information. At the same time, free, dropbox-type solutions traditionally geared towards consumers are being downloaded by employees for business use. Those applications make it extremely challenging for enterprise IT security teams to protect an organization from a data breach.
“We search for technologies that our employees are comfortable using, but not at the expense of our patients’ data security or in a way that compromises regulatory compliance,” said Wes Wright, CTO, Seattle Children’s Hospital. “Accellion has already provided us with a secure and auditable way to transfer large documents and images. With the addition of rich collaboration features, our staff will be that much more productive and our organization is further protected against security breaches associated with unsecure file sharing.”
Accellion Secure Collaboration expands on Accellion Managed File Transfer™ with the introduction of the Accellion Secure Workspace™, a powerful new collaboration tool. Accellion Secure Workspaces allow people to search, review, set expiration dates and comment on files, track file versioning and subscribe to automated notifications of workspace activity.
Accellion Secure Collaboration benefits include:
• Flexible, Scalable Deployment: Accellion offers the widest breadth of deployment options enabling enterprises to balance cost, security and speed of deployment for a single office or multiple distributed offices around the globe. Accellion supports deployment in VMware, Citrix XenServer and Microsoft HyperV virtual environments, choice of public, private or hybrid cloud deployments and FIPS 140-2 certified deployments.
• Easy-to-Use: enterprise users can share project files, images, presentations, spreadsheets, financial documents, product specifications, and any file or folder up to 100Gb in size, quickly, easily and securely with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Mobile Access: users can view, comment on and share files via a laptop, smartphone or web-enabled device from native mobile applications developed by Accellion for the iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry.
• Enhances Current IT Investments: integration with Microsoft SharePoint, OCS and other business applications means getting the most out of current technology investments.
• Compliance: demonstrates compliance with industry and government regulations including SOX, HIPAA and FDA.
The world's leading corporations and government enterprises rely on Accellion solutions to secure their enterprise information and ensure compliance. Founded in 1999, Accellion, Inc. (accellion.com) provides enterprise-class secure collaboration and managed file transfer solutions that provide the ease-of-use internal and external users need while giving the enterprise organization the protection it needs. Accellion is the pioneer and leading provider of secure file transfer and collaboration solutions for employees and external users that span virtual and public, private, or hybrid cloud environments. The company is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices in North America, Asia and Europe. Follow Accellion’s Blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.