The new names will make it easier to distinguish between the various drill rigs, as well as clarify the different characteristics of the products. Implementation has started and by the end of 2012 all products will follow the new naming structure.
New product names
“The new naming structure is built up in a logical way, in purpose to simplify the understanding of the range”, says Hellen Ekefalk, Communications and Brand Manager, Surface Drilling Equipment.
The product range has been divided into four different categories, four series of ROC drill rigs with the following names: AirROC, PowerROC, FlexiROC and SmartROC. The product series can be described as follows
• The AirROC series consists of pneumatic and manually operated drill rigs, easy to operate with simplicity in design and a robust steel structure.
• The PowerROC series consists of hydraulic drill rigs with a straightforward design and trouble-free hydraulics.
• The FlexiROC series consists of high technology rigs with a medium level of sophistication.
• The SmartROC series consists of high technology rigs with a high level of sophistication and equipped with the latest optional equipment to minimize costs in each drilling and blasting operation.
The new structure makes it easier to distinguish between the models and easier to understand the advantages that each category has to offer. It also better defines the segment and application for which each rig is intended. Tophammer, down-the-hole and COPROD drilling methods are used right across the range and this is evident from the individual product designations such as FlexiROC T30 R, where T stands for tophammer and 30 for 3 inches.
For further information please contact:
• Bo-Göran Johansson, Vice President Marketing, Surface Drilling Equipment,
P: +46 19 670 7259 / M: +46 70 321 21 11 / E: bo-goran.johansson[.]se.atlascopco.com.
Atlas Copco Surface Drilling Equipment (atlascopco.com) is a division within Atlas Copco’s Construction and Mining Technique business area. It develops, manufactures, and markets rock drilling equipment and mobile crushers and screeners for various applications in civil engineering, quarries and open pit mines worldwide. The division focuses strongly on innovative product design and aftermarket support systems, which give added customer value. The divisional headquarters and main production center is in Örebro, Sweden.