Ektron, today announced another record year for the company, with a 30 percent year-over-year growth in 2010; several major product announcements and continuing adoption of Ektron technology by enterprises and interactive agencies.
Ektron saw accelerated new customer acquisition and installed base investment in 2010 across all worldwide regions with customers such as Darden Restaurants, Valassis (The RedPlum™ Network), the Medical Group Management Association, Docklands Light Railways, Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Arriva UK Bus, the Australian Taxation Office, Golf Business Magazine and Eurotunnel Group.
“We chose Ektron because it is flexible and easy to use for content authors, fully compatible with our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) objectives, and has very powerful features, such as the taxonomy-categorization feature,” said Jean Brunier, IT director at Eurotunnel Group of their Ektron implementation. “Ektron is compatible with our .NET IT standards, which allows us to run our three main websites on one platform. Since we implemented Ektron, it has been very stable and fast, and upgrades have been easy. All of these features are key for us as we sell 80 percent of our travel tickets for cars on eurotunnel.com, representing around 50,000 site visits every day.”
Product and Industry Leadership Highlights
Ektron's technology continued to garner acknowledgment from industry analysts with the company’s placement in three Gartner Magic Quadrants and Ektron’s selection by KMWorld Magazine as one of its “Trend-Setting Products of 2010” among other awards and accolades. During 2010:
• Ektron launched the eIntranet, a complete information delivery, knowledge management, and social business intranet portal application.
• Ektron delivered the Marketing Optimization Suite, empowering marketers to create relevant, personalized, and engaging web experiences.
• Ektron released CMS400.NET 8.02 with social networking enhancements and GeoIP content targeting. This release introduced Ektron eMobile Tools, providing developers with a complete set of tools to deliver personalized web experiences for mobile devices.
• Ektron announced a plug-in built with Seesmic, allowing people to view Ektron eIntranet enterprise activity streams directly on their desktops.
• During its 2010 Synergy Customer Conference Ektron announced its Enterprise Technology Partner Program, aligning the company’s marketing and sales initiatives with industry leaders Brightcove, Lionbridge and Webtrends to provide comprehensive and integrated solutions for customers.
“Ektron clients realize that every day the Web becomes more critical to the success of their business strategies,” said Bill Rogers, Ektron founder and CEO. “For example, more of their customers are accessing their information and services through Smartphones and other Web-enabled devices. Their employees look to the corporate intranet as the key tool in getting their jobs done. CIOs need to ensure their websites are aligned to business objectives and are contributing to corporate revenues. The capabilities that Ektron provides not only makes enterprises more efficient, but ensures that they are bringing the full potential of their business to the Web.”
By integrating web content management (WCM), marketing optimization and social software, Ektron’s software and solutions improve operational efficiency, drive revenue growth and build customer loyalty. Ektron empowers marketers to create, publish and optimize web content that engages, converts and retains customers. Developers benefit from Ektron's extensibility and commitment to the Microsoft .NET framework. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, with offices in Australia, Canada, Singapore and the United Kingdom, Ektron has more than 8,000 customers worldwide including Carnegie Hall, Diageo, Home Depot, International Chamber of Commerce, Kodak, Microsoft, NASDAQ, National Health Services UK, Saint-Gobain, The Law Society, and the University of Notre Dame. For more information, please visit ektron.com, ektron.co.uk or ektron.com.au/.
Kyla Ruane of PAN Communications - P: 978.474.1900 / E: ektron[.]pancomm.com.