Jaspersoft, makers of the world's most widely used business intelligence (BI) software, today announced the company closed its best-ever fiscal year concluding January 31, 2011. The company reported 50 percent overall growth in year-over-year sales, with a 30 percent increase in average customer contract size, proving the value being delivered through its open source business intelligence platform. Also, Jaspersoft experienced a three-fold increase in cloud BI customer adoption and strong growth in global markets with APAC, EMEA and Latin American regions accounting for over 30 percent of total sales for the first ti me.
Jaspersoft provides a modern, flexible and affordable end-to-end business intelligence suite that includes interactive reporting, dashboards, analysis and data integration. The Jaspersoft BI suite is focused on driving the success of BI Builders — those who build standalone or embedded BI solutions — by enabling them to deliver self-service BI to business users. In 2010, the company added to its already substantial list of customers with new business from Tickets.com, Greenpeace, McGraw-Hill, Burris Logistics, RightScale, HP and more.
Jaspersoft 2010 milestones included:
• Release of Jaspersoft 4, the first end-to-end BI Suite for web applications;
• Release of Jaspersoft Big Data support, the industry's first and only native reporting that works with Hadoop, NoSQL and massively parallel processing (MPP) analytic databases;
• Enhancements to Jaspersoft's open source community site JasperForge.org and surpassing 12.5 million downloads of Jaspersoft's Co mmunity edition BI software;
• 100 cloud BI customers and the launch of Jaspersoft Live, a free trial of its BI platform in the cloud that empowers BI builders creating today's BI projects, which require a flexible, web based and scalable architecture. Modern BI platforms must come with a rich set of APIs for application integration while delivering a multi-tenant architecture for supporting cloud-based computing;
• Gains of federal government customers including new implementations with the U.S. Marine Corps, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Naval Safety Center;
• Industry recognition from SIIA with the CODiE Award for "Best Cloud Infrastructure Platform” for Jaspersoft Cloud BI, JMP Securities naming Jaspersoft a "Hot 100 Privately Held Company” and Gartner naming Jaspersoft in its 2010 Business Intelligence Platforms Magic Quadrant Report.
To support its growth, Jaspersoft grew its global employee base significantly. Key additions to the management team included the following seasoned technology executives:
• Jim Bell, Chief Marketing Officer;
• Karl Van den Bergh, Vice President of Product Strategy;
• Joseph Rozenfeld, Vice President of Engineering;
• Tom Tortolani, Head of Product Management;
• Mark Burton, Member of the Board of Directors.
"As we moved through 2010, Jaspersoft aligned itself to answer the needs of BI Builders — the real hero in the BI solution experience who combines expertise in both BI and web application development, playing a critical role in bridging the last mile to bring self-service reporting, dashboards and analysis to more users - as they face major shifts in today's IT world. The momentum Jaspersoft experienced in 2010 is just the beginning of what is s ure to be yet another record year,” said Brian Gentile, Jaspersoft CEO. "Our constant advancement is spurred by dedicated JasperForge community members who give us the ultimate advantage: knowing exactly what BI builders need. Ja spersoft will continue to engage deeply with both its JasperForge community and growing commercial customer base, leveraging this knowledge to continually create the most modern BI platform that enables much more pervasive global BI adoption.”
Jaspersoft (jaspersoft.com; jasperforge.org) provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed Business Intelligence suite in the world, enabling better decision making through highly interactive, web-based reports, dashboards and analysis. Leveraging a commercial open source business model, Jaspersoft provides end-to-end BI capabilities at a fraction of the cost of other vendors. The BI suite includes pixel-perfect enterprise reporting, ad hoc query, dashboards, OLAP and in-memory analysis, and data integration. Jaspersoft is the only BI vendor that enables companies to adapt to the new, virtualized world by providing a complete spectrum of on-premise, multi-tenant SaaS and cloud-based deploymen t options for both embedded and standalone business intelligence. Unlike traditional BI vendors, Jaspersoft is built on a modern, lightweight, standards-based architecture and offers greater vendor independence thanks to its open source codebase. Unlike niche BI vendors, Jaspersoft represents a safe choice with tens of thousands of production deployments across a wide range of industries.
Jaspersoft's open source business intelligence software has more than 13 million product downloads worldwide, 160,000 production deployments and over 14,000 commercial customers in 100 countries. Its BI suite is advanced regul arly by a development community of more than 200,000 registered members.