Smiling Albino (SA), an innovative Asian travel agency with operations in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Tibet and Nepal, announces the launch of its Planet Asia travel podcast, an informative travel show featuring tips and advice for travelers in Asia. The podcast is hosted by Smiling Albino co-founders Scott Coates and Daniel Fraser, Asia travel experts with over two decades of combined experience leading adventure trips throughout the region.
“Planet Asia brings travelers unique destinations and reliable information for planning trips to Asia,” says Coates. “We aim to provide practical tips and advice that you won’t find anywhere else. This travel podcast is geared toward a range of travelers to Southeast Asia, including family travelers, couples, women and mature travelers.”
The bi-weekly, 15-minute podcast includes extensive interviews with experts, profiles of local businesses, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations, backed-up with on the ground reporting throughout Asia.
“Planet Asia will cover food, culture, accommodations, festivals and nightlife in major cities like Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh,” says Fraser. “We’ll also focus on adventure travel in places like Nepal and Thailand, bring you interviews with regional experts that cover important trends around socially responsible travel, the arts, family travel and more.”
Planet Asia has eight episodes ready for streaming or download:
• Family Travel in SE Asia: Scott Coates & Daniel Fraser, Co-founders SA;
• Emerging SE Asian Hotspots: Joe Cummings, Lonely Planet Guidebook Writer;
• Social Responsible Travel in Cambodia: Dr. William Houseworth, Director, Angkor Children’s Hospital;
• Thai Fine-Dining in Bangkok, Steven Bianchin, Owner, FACE Restaurants;
• Emerging Arts Scene in Siem Reap, John McDermott, Photographer;
• Thai Coffee, Wichai Promyong, President, Doi Chaang Coffee;
• Exploring Bangkok: Sathorn/Lumpini Park, with Mason Florence, publisher, Bankok 101 Magazine;
• Thai Culture & Quirks: Phillip-Cornwell Smith, author of Very Thai.
Along with destination-focused topics, the Planet Asia travel podcast has an exciting roster of guests in the coming months, including Ron Hoffman, the Canadian Ambassador to Thailand; Trevor Ranges, author of the National Geographic Explorer’s Cambodia and Thailand guidebooks; and expat author/journalist Jerry Hopkins.
For more information visit smilingalbino.com/.