Now in its fourth year, the About.com Readers' Choice Awards honor the best products, features and services across more than a dozen categories, ranging from technology to hobbies to parenting and more, as selected by its readers.
"This year's Readers' Choice Awards program had a record number of nominations submitted across more than a dozen categories and featured hundreds of finalists," said Margot Weiss, managing editor, About.com. "We are thankful to all our readers for their participation and congratulate Parallels on its success with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac."
“Parallels is honored to win the Readers’ Choice Award for the best way to run Windows on a Mac. It affirms that businesses, consumers and students value our dedication to giving them unsurpassed performance, ease of use and cool new features like our Parallels Mobile app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch which lets them run Windows apps on their Mac remotely through their favorite Apple mobile devices, ” said Kim Johnston, Parallels Vice President of Marketing. “We are excited to offer a free trial of our full-featured Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac software, available for download at parallels.com/desktop, so Mac owners can experience its superior award-winning performance.”
Parallels Desktop 6 delivers unprecedented advances in mobility, productivity, performance and graphics – the areas people care about most – including remote access to Windows on a Mac from Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
Faster & More Powerful
• Launch Time: Run Windows applications 2X faster than the competition1;
• Full 64-bit Engine: Take advantage of all of the capabilities of your 64-bit Mac and enjoy the fastest virtual machine performance yet.
Immersive Graphics & Audio Experience
• 5.1 Surround Sound: Savor rich, immersive audio experiences for games, music and videos;
• Enhanced 3D Graphics: Enjoy more life-like visual action and play a wider range of modern games with 40 percent improvement over Parallels Desktop 5 and 2X better than the competition2.
More Mobile & Manageable
• Parallels Mobile Apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch: Access and run Windows applications on your Mac from anywhere with the all new Parallels Mobile app;
• Parental Control: Have peace of mind when children are online by applying the same parental controls you set for your Mac to your Windows applications;
• VM Encryption: Protect data from being stolen by using built in virtual machine encryption.
Simpler & Smarter
• Mac Shortcuts: Use Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts to make Windows applications work the way you do;
• Personal Data Migration: Simplifies moving to Mac by automatically moving programs, data and media (i.e. My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos and My Downloads) to the appropriate folders on your Mac;
• Web Browser Favorites: Parallels automatically moves your Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome settings and bookmarks from your PC to the default browser on your Mac;
• Anti-virus Protection: Data protection with Parallels SmartGuard & SafeMode plus leading anti-virus protection for both Mac OS X and Windows with complimentary Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, Acronis True Image Home 2010 and Acronis Disk Director 2011 Home.
The Parallels Desktop 6 Switch to Mac edition provides a complete set of switching tools and includes a Parallels High-Speed USB data transfer cable. All of your programs, files, user settings and now even your browser favorites and bookmarks are automatically moved to your Mac. With one click, new pre-defined user profiles let you simply choose as little or as much Windows as you want. New on-demand interactive video tutorials make switching to the Mac a breeze.
To view information about Readers’ Choice Award for the best way to run Windows on a Mac and all award winners, please visit About.com 2011 Readers' Choice Award.
Parallels is a worldwide leader in virtualization and automation software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and cloud services providers. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 700 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit parallels.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ParallelsMac and friend us on Facebook at facebook.com/ParallelsDesktop.
About The About Group
The About Group comprises the Websites About.com, ConsumerSearch.com, and CalorieCount.com. About.com is a valuable resource for content that helps users solve the large and small needs of everyday life. ConsumerSearch.com analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to purchase based on the findings. CalorieCount.com is an online resource that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle.
The About Group (About.com) is part of The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading media company with 2010 revenues of $2.4 billion, which includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Websites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
1 and 2: 3D and graphics performance tests conducted with 3DMark 2006 Professional. Select tests by Crimson Consulting Group, July 2010.