PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Frankfurt, Germany, 2011/03/17 - We have published a gratis Ebook in English language about German intellectual property law and unfair competition law, especially about the first step against an infringer: The cease-and-desist letter.
Gratis Ebook "Received a German cease-and-desist letter?" by Thomas Seifried gives answers to the warned parties’ side.
Free guidance for those who recieved a German cease-and-desist letter: The free Ebook "Received a German cease-and-desist letter?" gives answers to most of the questions that arise on the warned parties' side when received a cease-and-desist letter as:
• Must I react?
• Must I accept and sign, or can I change (modify) the pre worded cease-and-desist declaration?
• Must I reimburse the attorney fees and maybe also the additional patent attorney fees?
• What is danger of recurrence?
• What happens when one violates the cease and desist declaration?
• How detailed must I give disclosure?
• How do I find out, if the cease-and-desist letter abuses legal right or is dubious?
• What happens when one violates the cease-and-desist declaration?
• Can I counterattack by sending out a counter cease-and-desist letter?
This Ebook deals with cease-and-desist letters in the field of competition law as well as trademark law, domain law, industrial design law and copyright law.
The attachment holds two examples of cease and desist letters in the field of trademark law showing typically pre-worded clauses. One cease and desist declaration in the field of unfair competition law due to “denigration” and one cease-and-desist declaration due to trademark law. The clauses are commented at length.
About SEIFRIED Intellectual Property Lawyers
SEIFRIED IP Lawyers (seifried.pro) located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, represent national and international enterprises in the field of intellectual property right (trademarks, domains, designs, unfair competition) intangible property right (copyright), the cyber law and exhibition/fair matters during Frankfurt fairs (e.g. Ambiente, Tendence, Automechanika, Heimtextil). Special experience lays in the field of Internet, advertising, wholesale and retail, automotive (supplier) as well as textile- and fashion industry.