PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Atlanta, GA, United States, 2011/03/11 - The supply-chain consulting firm that makes change happen expands its robust team of supply-chain experts, adding an industry veteran with more than two decades of experience - TheProgressGroup.com.
The Progress Group has announced the appointment of Stephen T. Hopper, PE, as Associate Partner. A specialist in supply-chain execution, Steve has helped dozens of Fortune 1000 clients drive down their operating costs and boost the performance of their people, inventory, facilities, equipment, material handling systems, and information technology. Hopper’s strength is streamlining warehousing and distribution operations to improve efficiency, customer service, and cost-effectiveness. His core capabilities include:
• Conception, modeling, analysis, design, and re-engineering of warehousing and distribution operations and business processes;
• Strategic distribution network planning;
• Distribution center planning, design, and process improvement;
• Economic evaluation and justification of alternative solutions;
• Design, estimation, specification, selection, and implementation of material handling systems and supply-chain information systems such as WMS and LMS;
• Improvement of labor productivity, resource utilization, and customer service levels;
• Reduction of inventory.
“I’m thrilled to join forces with The Progress Group, ” says Hopper. “My new associates are among the most knowledgeable, experienced, and highly respected supply-chain professionals on the planet, and the firm’s reputation of client satisfaction is unmatched in the industry. It’s a real honor to be a member of this great team.”
Steve comes to The Progress Group from Inviscid Consulting, which he founded in 2004. Steve also held key roles with Kurt Salmon Associates (KSA), RedPrairie, Retek Logistics (now part of Oracle Corporation), and Deloitte’s Garr Consulting logistics practice. He earned a Bachelor of Industrial Engineering (BIE) degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology and is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
About The Progress Group
The Progress Group, LLC, (theprogressgroup.com) is an independent management-consulting firm that makes change happen in supply-chain operations. Founded in 1991, the firm specializes in solving problems in and improving the performance of warehousing, distribution, manufacturing, and logistics operations in a variety of industries.