PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Leeds, W Yorks, United Kingdom, 2011/03/10 - The Network of Influence, has announced it's shortlist of outstanding businesses across Yorkshire and is preparing to award the winners.
Receiving a record number of nominations in 13 years, high flying entrepreneurial support network ABDN – The Network of Influence, has announced it's shortlist of outstanding businesses across Yorkshire and is preparing to award the winners at the regions' biggest business celebration – the 13th Annual Dinner & Business Awards: Aiming High, on March 31st.
A number of Leeds based businesses have been selected in the shortlist including: Full service PR, marketing and events agency Chocolate PR for Brand of the Year; Citu, Sustainable developers of Britain's Greenest HighTech Homes and Offices Greenhouse – nominated for Innovation in Business; IT Support and Service Director at Blue Logic Computer Systems Ltd – Dave Helm for Young Entrepreneur of the Year; Strategic eLearning consultant and technologist at Reach Further Ltd – Liz Cable nominated for Female Entrepreneur of the Year; Gas and Electricity suppliers Yorkshire Gas & Power for Most Promising New Business.
Each of the shortlisted businesses are now required to submit a presentation in front of the judging panel, who will asses each nomination further as part of the selection process.
The full shortlist of nominees is as follows:
Business of the Year: A4e Ltd; ATB Morley Ltd; Sonic Megastore Ltd
SME Business of the Year: Bilal Poultry Products Ltd; Cleveland Biotech Ltd; Prashad
Brand of the Year: Aagrah Group of Restaurants; Akbar's Restaurants Ltd; Chocolate PR
Innovation in Business: Brandon Medical Company Ltd; Citu; Media Displays
Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Blue Logic Computer Systems Ltd - Dave Helm; EnKahnz – Naveed Khan; Websquare IT Solutions Ltd – Tanveer Qamar
Female Entrepreneur of the Year: Morgan Dias Immigration Consultants Ltd – Bettina Yarde; Motif UK Ltd - Aishvarrya Chakkraburthi; Reach Further Ltd – Liz Cable; Silky Soles - Sue Taylor
Most Promising New Business: Statement Exhibitions Ltd; Thermal Engineering Contract Ltd: Yorkshire Gas & Power
Service to the Community: Archway – Richard Norton; DOSTI Asian Women's Support Service - Ravinder Samra; Hamara HLC - Hanif Malik
There is a tenth award, the ‘Aiming High’ Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be selected in-house by the ABDN team.
This year's awards dinner, to be held at Saviles Hall, Royal Armouries, Leeds, centres around the business theme 'Aiming High' and is welcoming Ed Miliband as the keynote speaker, who will highlight the achievements and growth of the Yorkshire region.
Arshad Chaudhry, Chairman of ABDN said: “I am overwhelmed by the number and strength of the nominations we received this year, it has made it incredibly hard to narrow down as there is so much talent and success out there.
“It's incredible to see how far the region has progressed over the last 13 years and the sheer number of successful businesses Yorkshire is now renowned for.”
Ed Miliband added: “I am delighted to have the opportunity to support the ABDN Network of Influence in recognising the achievements of local businesses at this event. It's great to see that there is a high level of entrepreneurial businesses in the Yorkshire region that are actively committed to driving the economy forward. The contribution of these organisations cannot be underestimated. It is therefore great to see that these companies have the support of a powerful network such as ABDN to help drive them further in their bid to aim even higher.
The event will no doubt celebrate the success generated from this dynamic regional economy as we approach the end of another challenging year. I am privileged to have been invited to speak at this inspirational business event.”
For more details on the ABDN 13th Annual Dinner & Business Awards and to book tickets please visit: abdn.org.uk/dinner2011.
Notes to Editor:
Images attached: Arshad Chaudry, Chairman of ABDN, Amit Champaneri at shortlisted development Greenhouse.
- Jo Swann, MD at Chocolate PR (nominated for Brand of the Year and ABDN's account manager Amit Chamaneri.
- For images or quotes from the shortlisted businesses please contact Chocolate PR
For more information on ABDN's Annual Dinner & Business Awards please visit abdn.org.uk/.
Originally known as the Asian Business Development network, the organisastion has re-branded as ABDN - The Network of Influence. For more information on ABDN, please visit abdn.org.uk
Featured shortlisted companies:
- Chocolate PR - a creative, results focused PR agency, working with clients to raise their profiles and protect their reputations. Committed to high levels of customer service, the friendly team does not work on traditional retainers but creates PR projects tailored to clients objectives each month.
- Citu – sustainable developers of Greenhouse, the redevelopment of Shaftsbury House, a 1930's hostel in Holbeck. A major part of the innovation and design of Greenhouse was centred on sustainability; a primary objective was to reduce energy consumption whilst also increasing the standard of living.
- Blue Logic Computer Systems Ltd – offering small to medium sized businesses the opportunity to outsource all of their IT to a tried and trusted source.
- Reach Further Ltd – Liz Cable is a strategic elearning consultant and learning technologist, helping clients articulate and deliver practical strategies for adopting and embedding technology in working and learning practices.
- Yorkshire Gas & Power - deliver best value gas and electricity to businesses throughout Yorkshire and mainland UK by aggressively driving costs out of their business, so that they can deliver cheap electricity and gas to the commercial customers, whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction.