PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, 2011/03/03 - Frissul, a leading 3rd party logistics organisation has launched ISRetail’s warehouse management system to improve supply chain control for its customers.
Swindon, Wiltshire, Frissul, the international third party logistics organisation required specialist warehouse management system software to provide their clients greater supply chain control.
Frissul required warehousing and distribution software to support their growing company within the third party logistics sector, operating across multiple client accounts that specialised in quality control and productivity improvements whilst controlling frozen distribution. Frissul selected ISRetail as their preferred warehouse system software partner. A key part of the selection was ensuring the software supported a third party logistics organisation and could support and control cold storage and freight for food producers, national and international retail companies.
As part of the successful project ISRetail:
• Helped scope out third party logistics operational frozen food processes;
• Implemented software to support third party logistics warehouse and delivery processes;
• Interfaced the software to customers ERP systems using EDI;
• Developed specific niche functionality such as creation of security for use between different clients across multiple sites and for use by different client shipping in the same site, systematically managing multiple client orders simultaneously within the same & different buildings and maintaining a pick and pack audit trail within a building to help measure and split costs between different clients;
• Integrating specialist frozen and radio frequency data capture devices.
The project benefits after a successful implementation included:
• Technology to fully control multiple client orders and inventory across multiple sites and multiple clients in the same site;
• Improved overall warehouse labour productivity by over 20%+
• Solution giving national coverage 24 hour 7 day a week;
• Cloud based solution helping to lower the initial investment amount & speed up the implementation;
• Integration of specialist hardware for frozen operations;
• Client audit readiness;
• No software surprises;
• Smooth integration of partners.
Richard Knight, Managing Director of ISRetail UK comments "ISRetail (isretail.eu/) is one of the leading vendors of warehouse management system and supply chain management and tracking software. It provides web based solutions for professional use enabling customers to improve their inventory management, product level supply chain tracking, labour management, customer service, communication and supply chain control." ISRetail has over 10 years experience in software development, database management, data capture device integration, interface development and supply chain consultancy. ISRetail’s products and services include logistics productivity improvement consultancy, process improvement services, WPMS warehouse, RFID and supply chain control software all provided as both client-server and Software As A Service (SaaS) solutions.
Their customers include Staples, Jerónimo Martins, Pingo Doce and Staples. Their head office is in Lisbon, Portugal and they have a UK office working with Juniper Innovations in Wiltshire, England (juniperinnovations.co.uk). Juniper Innovations’ helped write ISRetail’s software and supply it as a best of breed solution to improve labour management, inventory and supply chain control.
About Juniper Innovations
Juniper Innovations (juniperinnovations.co.uk) helps you to improve control in your supply chain & organisation.
Receiving our specialist advice, creativity, innovation and products you can improve by: increasing on-time deliveries, completing more customer jobs, reducing fleet and labour costs, measuring performance and quality, increasing warehouse shipping reliability, having accurate inventory records, reducing product loss and asset theft, plus protecting maintenance, field & lone workers.