Today SafeNet, Inc., a global leader in information security, launched its Trusted Cloud Fabric™, a practical framework designed to deliver the trust, security, and compliance enterprises demand when moving data, applications and systems to the cloud. As part of this framework, SafeNet is releasing three new cloud-based solutions – ProtectV™ Instance, virtual machine encryption, ProtectV™ Volume, virtual storage encryption, and SAM 8.0, authentication for SaaS applications.
Gartner reports that over 60% of enterprises plan to evaluate or pilot some type of cloud-enabled offerings within the next 18 months. However, enterprises continue to delay cloud adoption due to concerns surrounding data security, privacy and compliance. Cite:  Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Cloud Computing, 2010” David Mitchell Smith, July 27, 2010
“For most emerging technologies, security is an afterthought; as the technologies mature and adoption grows, current and prospective users articulate and define the set of security considerations that vendors ultimately address,” wrote Jonathan Penn, Vice President, independent research firm Forrester Research, Inc. in the October 20, 2010 report, Security And The Cloud. “Creating more comprehensive security capabilities is a prerequisite for getting organizations to adopt cloud-based services for more complex, business-sensitive, and demanding purposes.”
To address these concerns, SafeNet has introduced a family of solutions to address some of the most critical issues customers face today:
• (NEW) Securing Access to Software as a Service (SaaS) Applications: SafeNet’s Authentication Manager (SAM) 8.0, allows enterprises to implement one unified authentication infrastructure for both on-premise and cloud-based services.
• (NEW) Securing Virtual Machines: ProtectV Instance, enables enterprises to encrypt and isolate data in multi-tenant environments, securing it from data co-mingling and super user threats.
• (NEW) Securing Virtual Storage: ProtectV Volume enables enterprises to secure their data on cloud storage volumes to leverage the benefits of the cloud while maintaining security controls.
• Securing IDs and Transactions: The scalable Luna SA 5.0 Hardware Security Module (HSM) solution safeguards sensitive key material in hardware for applications requiring PKI and now delivers this security within virtualized and cloud environments.
• Securing Cloud Applications: Enterprises can extend on premise data security to the cloud while securing sensitive information, such as cardholder data, as it’s interacting with virtualized applications with SafeNet’s DataSecure and ProtectApp products.
• Securing Cloud-based Communications: With SafeNet’s Ethernet Encryptors, enterprises can encrypt critical Ethernet links from 10MB to 10GB for cloud-based and/or internally hosted data center connections.
“Cloud computing has not only revolutionized the way IT is delivered, but represents a clear business model where true adoption occurs when enterprises believe their mission critical data is protected and secure,” said Chris Fedde, President and Chief Operating Officer, SafeNet. “Enterprises are looking for real solutions to address real security concerns. SafeNet’s Trusted Cloud Fabric helps enterprises embed security directly into their cloud computing fabric to ensure the security is built in right from the start.”
About SafeNet Trusted Cloud Fabric
SafeNet delivers a complete cloud fabric for virtualized environments, enabling enterprises to ensure trust throughout the lifecycle of enterprise data. The SafeNet Trusted Cloud Fabric™ represents a complete ecosystem that weaves together persistent protection, elastic encryption, anchored identity, and secured communication. With these capabilities, SafeNet brings trust to customers by delivering ownership and control over how data is isolated, protected, and shared—even in multi-tenant cloud environments. An extension of SafeNet Information Lifecycle Protection, the SafeNet Trusted Cloud Fabric™ enables customers to seamlessly integrate any cloud model into their near-term and long-term security strategies.
For more information, visit safenet-inc.com/cloudsecurity.
About SafeNet, Inc.
Founded in 1983, SafeNet (safenet-inc.com) is a global leader in information security. SafeNet protects its customers’ most valuable assets, including identities, transactions, communications, data and software licensing, throughout the data lifecycle. More than 25,000 customers across both commercial enterprises and government agencies and in over 100 countries trust their information security needs to SafeNet.