Gridstore™, the leader in scale-out NAS solutions for the SMB market, today announced that InfoStor has named it to its list of "Top Ten Storage Startups." InfoStor Editor-in-Chief Dave Simpson selected the list from startups that launched or shipped their first products during 2010 and factored technology innovation, company management and funding into his decisions.
Scale-Out NAS Offers Simplicity, Performance and Reliability of Enterprise-Class Storage for SMB
Gridstore’s scale-out NAS solution combines the simplicity, convenience and affordability of NAS with the scalability, performance and reliability of enterprise-class storage. As a result, managed service providers and small to medium sized businesses can achieve a powerful NAS storage grid that eliminates storage sprawl and multiple single points of failure while benefiting from a next-generation storage offering at 1/3 the cost of standalone NAS solutions. The Gridstore NASg storage platform is designed to eliminate the risk, cost and complexity of traditional siloed storage solutions. Gridstore NASg aggregates the processing power of client systems and performs complex parallel storage processes on existing NAS resources while assuring the reliability required for today’s 24x7 business operations.
Key benefits of Gridstore NASg include:
• Unlimited Storage Capacity – NASg virtualizes any number of existing NAS or NASg storage nodes into a single pool of storage. This eliminates the cost and risk of storage sprawl for customers while optimizing existing NAS resources and allows capacity to grow incrementally using low cost NASg storage nodes like building blocks.
• Unlimited Network Bandwidth – NASg eliminates server network bottlenecks by utilizing parallel IO to the storage nodes. Every storage node adds 1 Gb/s of parallel network bandwidth. As the number of storage nodes increases, each storage node performs less work and the parallel data path to the Gridstore NASg increases.
• Unlimited Processing Capacity – NASg uniquely harness the processing power across a grid of client machines to eliminate server-based processing bottlenecks. As more clients are added to the NASg, more parallel processing power is also added to the grid so processing constraints are never experienced.
• Unlimited Reliability – By harnessing the parallel processing and IO of a grid, NASg stripes data across many storage nodes so that there is no single point of failure. Any pre-configured number of storage nodes can fail without data loss or downtime. Failed storage nodes are simply replaced with another low cost NASg storage node by attaching one to the network.
• New Storage Economics – The unique NASg platform aggregates processing power and network bandwidth to spread the workload across a grid of storage nodes. This allows both existing storage resources and low cost NASg storage nodes to be utilized and drastically changes the economics of storage for customers.
“Today managed service providers and small to mid-sized organizations are filled with multiple islands of NAS devices that are complex, costly and do not scale to meet the demands of unstructured data that makes up an average of 75 percent of the information being managed, ” said Kelly Murphy, CEO, Gridstore. “As a result IT administrators have been left with an expensive, confusing mire of distributed NAS islands that add cost, complexity and risk at every step. Gridstore’s scale-out NAS solution was purpose built to solve the NAS dilemma with a scale-out NAS solution that is radically simple and lowers the cost by up to 1/3 over traditional NAS offerings.”
Gridstore (gridstore.com) is the innovation leader in scale-out Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. The Gridstore NASg solution provides unlimited storage capacity and reliability at a fraction of the cost of traditional storage solutions. NASg is designed for small-to-mid-sized businesses and Managed Service Providers who struggle with the risk, cost and complexity of storage sprawl and who need enterprise class storage without the cost and complexity. Founded in 2007, Gridstore is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. and has development facilities in Dublin, Ireland.