PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2011/02/09 - Dovetail Software, a worldwide leader in web-based customer support and help desk software, recently announced the release of Dovetail Support Suite 2.1.2. This release focuses on new capabilities for Human Resource organizations.
Russ Resslhuber, Dovetail Support Suite Product Manager, notes, “Key features of this release were driven primarily by user community feedback. Our enterprise HR customers expressed particular interest in Asset Management and the Sensitive Case functionality. Users across the board requested the ability to attach files of any kind to virtually any entity, as well as expansion of our search facilities to include corporate content resident anywhere in the organizational network.”
Chad Myers, Director of Development, adds, “This upgrade will install seamlessly into existing deployments, highlighting our ability to protect and enhance our customers' investment by frequently deploying major new features while preserving all of their customizations.”
Key new features in Dovetail Support Suite include:
- Asset Management: Dovetail now offers an optional HR module for tracking tangible and intangible items associated with employees. It ensures that, if an employee leaves, all corporate assets are reclaimed. This module works seamlessly with existing corporate asset identification and allows either manual or auto-generated asset tagging. HR organizations will find this module valuable for reducing operational costs and maintaining asset histories. Employee assets such as training and certifications can also be leveraged to identify specific capabilities in real time.
- Sensitive Cases: Dovetail Support Suite now provides the ability to mark a case as sensitive so that access can be restricted. Organizations decide which criteria determine case sensitivity through the Roles and Permissions editor. Rules can be configured to automate the marking of cases.
- Out of Office Detection: Dovetail Support Suite can now detect and ignore automatically sent email messages such as an Out of Office reply. This feature is useful because the application will not create or update an existing case for email messages of this type, preventing auto-response email loops and blocking irrelevant information.
- Enhancements for Adding Attachments: Capabilities for attaching files, such as documents and other media, to cases has been expanded. Now users can attach files to associate them with an employee or contact for on-boarding, performance reviews, promotions, and other noteworthy events.
- Searching and Indexing of External Files: Dovetail Support Suite now allows external files, including those located on shared network drives, to be indexed and searched. This feature allows information from several sources to be searched and displays the results in a centralized location in Dovetail Support Suite, increasing user productivity and reducing the overall time to locate critical information.
- Enhanced Documentation: Dovetail Support Suite Help documentation and detailed Release Notes are now available at the Dovetail Support site, which can found at dovetailsoftware.com/.
About Dovetail Software
Dovetail Software (dovetailsoftware.com) is a worldwide leader in web-based customer support and help desk software. Dovetail is a privately held company, founded in 1995, and based in Austin, Texas.
Dovetail offers complete products with rich out-of-box functionality. Products are easy to implement, integrate, use, extend, and maintain. Dovetail leverages the most current web technology and architecture for reliability, scalability, and performance. Dovetail’s dedication to providing quality customer service has been its highest priority since the inception of the company. In an independent survey of customers, 100 percent of survey respondents described themselves as “Dovetail Champions.”