PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Mountain View, CA, United States, 2011/02/07 - RingCube vDesk VDI Edition delivers on desktop virtualization promise of increased productivity, lower costs and reduced complexity for enterprise VDI deployments.
RingCube Technologies, the leading provider of managed virtual workspaces, today introduced vDesk VDI Edition – a new enterprise desktop virtualization solution that expands an organization’s VDI user base, enables faster and more efficient VDI rollouts, reduces VDI infrastructure costs, and lowers a VDI project’s cost per user while increasing its return on investment (ROI). With vDesk VDI Edition, organizations can now realize the promised productivity and cost-saving benefits from their VMWare View and Citrix XenDesktop investments.
One of VDI’s most persistent challenges is the inability to scale across an organization to its various types of employees. Most organizations choose to implement pooled VDI deployments in order to keep storage and infrastructure costs low, thereby forgoing the ability to personalize users’ desktops.
vDesk VDI Edition solves this challenge by expanding the rollout of VDI desktops across an organization, which decreases the cost per user and increases economies of scale. No longer is VDI restricted only to structured task workers; employees who require highly personalized desktops can now be included in VDI implementations. By broadening the VDI rollout to a larger percentage of employees, organizations lower the overall cost of their VDI projects which results in a higher return on investment.
“Inability to personalize desktop images is holding back the implementation of hosted virtual desktops (HVDs) for many organizations today, ” said Brian Gammage, Vice President and Gartner Fellow. “Unless these images can support the local peripheral and application requirements of individual users, organizations cannot extend their deployments beyond a task-worker core and will fail to achieve the scale-economies that HVDs promise.”
“RingCube continues to innovate to meet the changing needs of its customers and the industry, as proven by vDesk VDI Edition, ” said Kiran Kamity, RingCube Vice President of Product Management. “Until today, the inability to roll out personalized virtual desktops while controlling costs and management complexities has inhibited enterprises from realizing benefits from their VDI investments. Now, vDesk VDI Edition helps enterprises capture productivity and IT cost-savings by expanding organizations’ VDI rollouts to knowledge workers.”
Benefits of RingCube’s new vDesk VDI Edition include:
-Maximizing an organization’s VDI user base
• Expands VDI rollouts beyond task workers to employees that require customized desktops, including knowledge and mobile workers.
• Virtualizes a user’s complete desktop environment, including applications, data, profile and settings, and also supports department and user-installed applications.
-Rolling out VDI faster and more efficiently
• Minimal setup requirements; vDesk VDI Edition is easy to implement and utilize.
• Leverages IT staffs’ existing Windows management expertise with no steep learning curve.
-Reducing VDI infrastructure costs
• Utilizes pooled VDI model for lower storage costs while still offering 100 percent persistent personalization.
• Unlike other virtualization technologies, works seamlessly with VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop by supporting their image management capabilities and preserving their ability to reduce storage costs.
• Integrates with application management and provisioning tools so an organization’s existing management structure is maintained.
-Lowering VDI’s cost per user and increasing ROI
• Dramatically decreases a VDI project’s cost per user, because a larger percentage of employees can utilize VDI. Also increases a VDI project’s return on investment.
Pricing and Availability
vDesk VDI Edition for VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop is available today. Pricing starts at $95 per user.
About RingCube Technologies, Inc.
RingCube (ringcube.com) is the leading provider of workspace virtualization. The company’s innovative virtualization solution, vDesk, enables users to securely access their complete desktop computing experience from any Windows PC anywhere in the world. With vDesk, organizations can increase user productivity, lower desktop management and support costs, and eliminate the performance and resource overhead commonly found with legacy virtualization approaches. It helps enterprises generate a positive ROI from VDI projects by personalizing knowledge workers’ desktops while still realizing VDI’s benefits with lower cost, less complex pooled deployments. The company is privately held and based in Mountain View, Calif. For more information, please visit the company's website.
Learn more about how vDesk VDI Edition increases VDI deployments’ return on investment by downloading our white paper “Increasing Your VDI Project’s Return on Investment Using Workspace Virtualization”.