As the digital healthcare information space becomes more crowded, easy access and “searchability” are the key ingredients to successful communication that are often missing.
To showcase easy-to-implement tools and functions, Jones Public Affairs, Inc. redesigned its own site to incorporate the latest in digital media tactics. The website – jonespublicaffairs.com – features dynamic and search engine friendly content. Built and refined through cutting-edge eye tracking technology and research, the resulting site is not only fully integrated with social media platforms, but also compatible with mobile devices.
“Digital and social media channels are an integral part of any communications plan,” said Carrie Jones, principal and managing director of JPA. “Our new website highlights each of the touch points necessary for health communications to be effective online.”
Some of these highlights include:
• Full SEO optimization – the site drives traffic through complete keyword integration and maximum content-sync;
• User-driven architecture – the site structure was refined through a series of eye-tracking studies, which track the natural eye movements of test users;
• Usability plus – it was designed for mobile and tablet device compatibility by using short content boxes—which allows users to display content easily—plus the site applies advanced content tagging for seamless, user-driven content population;
• Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 compliant – based on new federal recommendations, the website is accessible for people with disabilities;
• Fully integrated with social media – all parts of the site can be instantly shared, including the new JPA Insider Blog and the agency’s Inside the Influence newsletter.
“The days where you could put your information onto a website, optimize it for search engines and have people bookmark it and come back, are long over,” said Kathy Wahlbin, senior vice president of digital and social media at JPA. “With the overabundance of digital information and online platforms, leveraging the right online influencers and engaging consumers in interactive, personalized communications is key to capturing that attention and communicating your message to the people you want to reach.”
For visitors looking to learn more about JPA, the new website also features a video that explains the agency’s specialty – influencer relations. This comprehensive three-minute video provides an overview of JPA and the five key domains of influencer relations: media, digital and social media, advocacy, key opinion leaders and policy and government.
Jones Public Affairs offers a full range of services, including media relations, digital media, advocacy relations, medical relations and policy outreach.
About Jones Public Affairs, Inc.
As one of the fastest growing healthcare communications companies, Jones Public Affairs (jonespublicaffairs.com) applies the power of influencer relations to reach the stakeholders who drive change. JPA is a woman-owned agency with a track record for designing and implementing strategic, results-focused campaigns for non-profit, pharmaceutical and government clients.