PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Campbell, CA, United States, 2011/01/18 - Company’s Award-winning product portfolio includes hybrid, pure-SaaS and virtual offerings. NYSE: CUDA
Barracuda Networks, Inc., announced today that more than 130,000 customers spanning more than 80 countries now rely upon Barracuda Networks for addressing a variety of IT issues. In 2010, the company also broadened its platform capabilities beyond the appliance form factor with the launch of hybrid, pure-SaaS and virtual offerings.
“This past year gave us a remarkable opportunity to show our customers and the marketplace that we are more than just an appliance vendor,” said Dean Drako, president and CEO of Barracuda Networks. “We continue to develop products and services that push market boundaries; our ability to do this stems directly from the unique relationship we maintain with our customers. We will continue to listen, look forward, and develop products that address customer needs.”
Beyond the Appliance
In 2010, the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall Vx and Barracuda SSL VPN Vx versions became the first virtual offerings in Barracuda Networks portfolio (barracudanetworks.com), a move which IDC touted as a “solid, strategic move” for the company which will give it a “unique opportunity to service the enterprise market as it makes the shift toward virtualization as well.”
In addition the company launched the Barracuda NG Firewall, a line of virtual and hardware appliances designed to protect enterprise network infrastructure, improve site-to-site connectivity and simplify administration of network operations. This launch was the first product launch since the successful acquisition of phion AG in September 2009.
Other significant 2010 product launches and technology highlights include:
• April 2010 – Barracuda Networks expanded its Barracuda Backup Service product line with the launch of the Barracuda Backup Server 990 featuring 24 terabytes of internal storage, making it the ideal on-premises solution for organizations requiring local backups for large volumes of data. The Barracuda Backup Server 990 has the added benefit of offsite backup storage in the cloud for disaster recovery when paired with the Barracuda Backup Subscription.
• August 2010 – Barracuda Networks launched its award winning SSL VPN 880. The Barracuda SSL VPN 880 is unique in that it is designed to handle a large number of concurrent users without any per user fees or spike licensing options, which saves customers money over the long term.
• November 2010 – Barracuda Networks launched a Security Bug Bounty program, becoming the first security vendor to reward researchers who identified and reported security vulnerabilities found in the company’s security product line. The program is part of the company’s ongoing effort to protect against threats and provide world-class products to its customers.
Landslide of Industry Praise
During the course of 2010, Barracuda Networks received a landslide of product and company recognitions. A few examples of this year’s accolades include:
• March 2010 – The Barracuda SSL VPN won the SC Magazine Reader’s Trust Award for “Best IPSec/SSL VPN.” The award was determined by a judges panel comprised of security and technology experts from large, medium and small enterprises from all major vertical markets – representing the wide distribution of SC Magazine readers.
• April 2010 – The Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall was selected the winner in the “Anti-Spam Hardware” category of the WindowsNetworking.com Readers’ Choice Awards. “The award serves as a mark of excellence, providing the ultimate recognition from peers within the industry," said Sean Buttigieg, WindowsNetworking.com manager.
• September 2010 – The Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall received the Silver award in the “Best Messaging Security Products” category from Information Security Magazine. The award cited that “respondents were impressed with the intangible features of this product, recognizing its return on investment, vendor service and support as high points.” This review also touted technical features as strong, with solid scores for comprehensive and flexible reporting.
“Barracuda Networks’ mission is to provide powerful product offerings backed by world-class services and support,” said Drako. “In 2010 we led the market with breakthrough technologies and we look forward to continuing to exceed customer expectations in 2011.”