PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Irvine, CA, United States, 2011/01/12 - You're invited to the PACE SOLUTIONS conference coming up March 3-4, 2011, in Palm Desert.
“PACE Solutions: Bringing AB 811 Home” Hosted by Palm Desert, Facilitated by EcoMotion. March 3-4, 2011
PACE lives! While doomsday messages headline the news, determined advocates around the country have found ways to maintain PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy financing), to work around it or to come up with altogether new options for financing residential energy upgrades. Commercial sector activities, unimpeded by federal decisions, are alive and well.
These key stakeholders and practitioners of property assessment financing are now stepping up to support and engage in the PACE SOLUTIONS CONFERENCE to be held in Palm Desert, CA, March 3 and 4, 2011. The speaker roster already includes representatives from:
• Sonoma CA’s Energy Independence Program – a $50 million dollar program going strong;
• The Clinton Climate Initiative – focused on private lending sources for commercial property;
• Babylon, NY – whose “PACE-like” program has a unique funding source and applies residential liens only when necessary;
• The PACENow organization – actively working to harmonize legislation in Washington D.C;
• An industrial PACE Pilot in Ohio based on that state’s Special Improvement District law;
• And, of course, Palm Desert, whose program, funded internally, makes upgrade money available to residents and earns the City interest on the spread.
Are these existing programs “legal?” What new program designs make sense? Where should city and private resources be directed now – toward the FHFA, legislators, financial institutions, or the bond market?
Participants will come to Palm Desert prepared, and will leave with greater perspectives. More importantly, they will leave with direction on how to plug in and restore PACE to its full potential and its AB 811 roots.
Put this conference on your schedule NOW. Early bird Registration until January 17 will save you money and help us plan the best mix of small and large group sessions. Attendees will also be receiving a number of background documents, and invitations to provide input beforehand, so get on the list early. The conference is being managed by EcoMotion; contact Maria Jauregui at 949-450-7152.