Today mTrip Travel Guides unveiled its app to users with mobile devices powered by Google’s Android mobile platform. The app is offering Android users a new way to plan their itineraries, navigate their trips and share their travel experiences with others. The mTrip Travel Guide apps deliver information on thousands of attractions, restaurants, bars, hotels and shopping destinations, with offline mapping, directions, trip planning, augmented reality and trip sharing. The Android versions of the mTrip apps are available for download from Google’s Android Market.
Development of the Android app began quickly after the iPhone and iPod Touch version six months ago due to the positive response from travelers. mTrip hit the ground running with its developers and beta-testers to create what is already available on the iPhone and iPod version, specially adapted to Android devices. “We saw such a positive response from travelers and the need for expansion onto other mobile devices,” says Frederic de Pardieu, CEO of mTrip. “ We are excited to bring this helpful travel tool to a whole new market of Android users,” says de Pardieu.
What’s on mTrip Travel Guides for Android?
• The mTrip Genius – Automatically creates personalized trip itineraries based on travel interests (attractions, monuments, parks and religious sights), trip dates, accommodation, pace preference and the ratings of other travelers;
• Travel guide with attractions, monuments, restaurants, hotels, bars, shopping and other destinations;
• Ratings, reviews & pictures contributed by experts and travelers;
• Augmented Reality with points of interest super-imposed onto ones phone;
• Offline map & location-based navigation by foot or subway;
• Sharing e-postcards via Facebook & email;
• Free daily updates;
• No internet connection required (except sharing and updates).
mTrip Travel Guides (mtrip.com) is available for twenty cities: Paris, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Moscow, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Istanbul, Dublin, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington, Singapore, Tokyo and Shanghai. The guide is offered in five languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian) to accommodate a wide range of travelers who speak different languages.