PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
New York, NY, United States, 2010/12/24 - Peter van Kleef, CEO, Lakeview Arbitrage, will demonstrate the "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies" at the High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011, NY, Mar 3-4, Sydney, Mar 14-15, Singapore, Mar 16-17, Mumbai, Apr 7-8.
The number-crunchers on Wall Street are starting to crunch something else: the news. This fascinating and fast-growing area of automated trading will be explained in detail at High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", instructional and insightful 2-day workshop organized by Golden Networking in New York, U.S., March 3 & 4, Sydney, Australia, March 14 & 15, Singapore, Singapore, March 16 & 17 and Mumbai, India, April 7 & 8.
As reported by The New York Times’ Graham Bowley, “Math-loving traders are using powerful computers to speed-read news reports, editorials, company Web sites, blog posts and even Twitter messages — and then letting the machines decide what it all means for the markets. The development goes far beyond standard digital fare like most-read and e-mailed lists. In some cases, the computers are actually parsing writers’ words, sentence structure, even the odd emoticon. A wink and a smile — ;) — for instance, just might mean things are looking up for the markets. Then, often without human intervention, the programs are interpreting that news and trading on it.”
“‘It is an arms race,’ said Roger Ehrenberg, managing partner at IA Ventures, an investment firm specializing in young companies, speaking of some of the new technologies that help traders identify events first and interpret them. Many of the robo-readers look beyond the numbers and try to analyze market sentiment, that intuitive feeling investors have about the markets. Like the latest economic figures, news and social media buzz — “unstructured data,” as it is known — can shift the mood from exuberance to despondency. Tech-savvy traders have been scraping data out of new reports, press releases and corporate Web sites for years. But new, linguistics-based software goes well beyond that. News agencies like Bloomberg, Dow Jones and Thomson Reuters have adopted the idea, offering services that supposedly help their Wall Street customers sift through news automatically.”
Golden Networking’s High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 (HFTExpertsWorkshop.com) will provide a thorough understanding and practical knowledge of high-frequency trading for executives and professionals working in finance and investments, from Financial Institutions, Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Broker Dealers, Consultancy Groups, Prime Brokers, Solution Providers, Exchanges, ATSs, ECNs and MTFs. High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 is produced by Golden Networking (goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, investors and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant and Columbia Business School MBA Edgar Perez. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
• High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, January 11th, New York City;
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 New York, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", March 3 & 4, New York;
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 Sydney, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", March 14 & 15, Sydney;
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 Singapore, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", March 16 & 17, Singapore;
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2011 Mumbai, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", April 7 & 8, Mumbai.
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop 2010 DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies"
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?"
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate"
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework"
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond"
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation"
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass"
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization"
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets".
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to info[.]goldennetworking.net. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".