Healthient, Inc., parent company of SnackHealthy, Inc., announced today that effective December 14, 2010, the company will begin trading under the new symbol SNAX on the OTC Bulletin Board. The change is in accordance with FINRA’s recognition of the company’s name change outlined in the 8K filed November 18th, 2010. All stock trading, filings and market related information will be reported under this new symbol.
Katherine West, Chief Executive Officer of Healthient stated, “We are pleased to be trading under the new symbol that more accurately reflects who we are as a company. There’s never been a better time to enter the “better for you” segment of the snack industry. Despite the dampening effects of global recession, consumers are snacking more than ever, thanks to a reduction in restaurant dining, busy lifestyles that reduce opportunities for sit-down meals, and a growing consensus that several small meals or snacks during the day are actually healthier than three regular meals.”
Shareholders and investors who have questions or would like to be added to Healthient’s corporate e-mail list are encouraged to email investors[.]healthient.com to receive future press releases and industry updates.
The mission of Healthient (healthient.com) is to make a positive change in people's lives by providing great tasting, nutritious products and a rewarding business opportunity. The company’s wholly owned subsidiary SnackHealthy, Inc. (snackhealthy.com) was founded with the goal of helping the nation combat the growing epidemic of obesity by empowering people to eat right, live well and avoid “food mistakes”, one snack at a time.
The company’s healthy snack foods and functional beverages are sold through a direct sales model offering a fun and flexible business opportunity. There are roughly 15 million direct sellers in the U.S. - independent contractors who sell goods or services primarily through parties, home demonstrations and one-on-one interactions. In 2007, the most recent year available, the direct sales industry generated $30.8 billion in U.S. sales, according to the Direct Selling Association.
Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Forward Looking Statements
This document contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws, including any projections of earnings, revenue or other financial items; any statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning proposed new services or developments; any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance; any statements of belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Forward-looking statements may include the words "may," "will," "estimate," "intend," "continue," "believe," "expect" or "anticipate" and any other similar words.
Although we believe that the expectations reflected in any of our forward-looking statements are reasonable, actual results could differ materially from those projected or assumed in any of our forward-looking statements. Our future financial condition and results of operations, as well as any forward-looking statements, are subject to change and to inherent risks and uncertainties, such as those disclosed or incorporated by reference in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Important factors that could cause our actual results, performance and achievements, or industry results to differ materially from estimates or projections contained in our forward-looking statements include, among others, the following:
• any collateral impact resulting from the ongoing worldwide financial "crisis," including the availability of liquidity to us, our customers and our suppliers or the willingness of our customers to purchase products in a recessionary economic environment
• our relationship with, and our ability to influence the actions of, our brand partners;
• improper action by our employees or brand partners in violation of applicable law;
• adverse publicity associated with our products or network marketing organization;
• changing consumer preferences and demands;
• our reliance upon, or the loss or departure of any member of, our senior management team which could negatively impact our brand partner relations and operating results;
• the competitive nature of our business;
• regulatory matters governing our products, including potential governmental or regulatory actions concerning the safety or efficacy of our products, and network marketing program including the direct selling market in which we operate;
• third party legal challenges to our network marketing program;
• risks associated with operating internationally and the effect of economic factors, including foreign exchange, inflation, pricing and currency devaluation risks;
• uncertainties relating to the application of transfer pricing, duties, value added taxes, and other tax regulations, and changes thereto;
• our inability to obtain the necessary licenses to expand our direct selling business internationally;
• adverse changes in the economy, legal system or governmental policies
• our dependence on increased penetration of existing markets;
• contractual limitations on our ability to expand our business;
• our reliance on our information technology infrastructure and outside manufacturers;
• the sufficiency of trademarks and other intellectual property rights;
• product concentration;
• changes in tax laws, treaties or regulations, or their interpretation;
• taxation relating to our brand partners;
• product liability claims; and
• whether we will purchase any of our shares in the open markets or otherwise.
We do not undertake any obligation to update or release any revisions to any forward-looking statement or to report any events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by law.