More than just a USB device, Secure ‘n’ Go incorporates data encryption and endpoint software that ensure protection and peace of mind. The security controller-based hardware, delivers high-level security for files, providing a reliable security storage device for organisations and professionals who may not have a full time IT administrator. The Security Pack is available now with 4GB, 8GB and 16GB of storage capacity and costing £39.99, £59.99 and £84.99 respectively (RRP).
Small Business Pack packaging:
• Ideal for small businesses or professionals who need to handle confidential data, such as lawyers, doctors, engineers, accountants, tax consultants etc;
• Built-in 256bit hardware encryption;
• Mandatory password entry;
• Embedded endpoint protection software;
• 4GB, 8GB, 16GB storage capacity.
Verbatim’s Small Business Security Pack (verbatim-europe.com) consists of two essential elements: a 256bit Hardware Encrypted USB Drive and Endpoint Protection Software. While the 256bit AES hardware encrypted USB drive ensures that all data saved is 100% secure, the embedded endpoint protection software only allows approved devices access to download or upload data to or from your computer. This helps protect companies from data theft or data leakage and shields them from other threats posed by unauthorised portable devices such as USB flash drives, MP3 players, iPods or digital cameras being connected to company computers.
256bit Hardware Encryption
The secure USB drive is a convenient and reliable security storage device which can be used for a wide range of business purposes similar to any standard USB drive. However, due to the obligatory password and the fact that the hardware of the drive is managed by a security controller, all the data stored on the drive is encrypted, ensuring complete protection from unauthorised viewing.
Endpoint Protection Software
The Endpoint Protection Software is quick and easy to install and intuitive to use. The default setting forces all users of the company computer system to only use secure USB drives. The administrator is able to authorise which devices are allowed access and can adjust the settings as required.
Other features of the software include:
• File Tracing – The software records which files are written or read from portable storage devices, enabling the company to analyse providing a detailed audit trail.
• Email notification - If there is an attempt to connect an unauthorized device to a protected PC, the administrator can be notified via email.
• Network “offline” capability - When a PC (e.g. a notebook) is disconnected from the local network, the USB endpoint protection will remain working as configured. The e-mail notifications are sent when next connected to the network.
• Easy-to-use multilingual user interface for fast setup – In English, German and French.