PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2010/12/08 - Showcasing unparalleled innovation across a wide variety of technologies and markets, twenty exemplary organisations were honoured at Frost & Sullivan's recent European Excellence in Best Practices Banquet.
Showcasing unparalleled innovation across a wide variety of technologies and markets, twenty exemplary organisations were honoured at Frost & Sullivan's recent European Excellence in Best Practices Banquet, held at the May Fair Hotel in London last Wednesday.
The evening celebrated the positive impact which these companies' unique solutions and services are making across a diverse range of markets, ranging from medium voltage drives, biogas process optimisation and patient monitoring to integrated facilities management.
On the night, Frost & Sullivan bestowed awards to industry leaders and innovators to honour superlative accomplishments in a broad spectrum of categories, such as New Product Innovation, Company of the Year, Product Differentiation Excellence and Market Share Leadership.
Dr Keith Schlagbauer, Director of Consulting at Frost & Sullivan, delivered the keynote address centred around the 'Top 10 Global Mega Trends'.
"Seismic shifts in economies, politics, culture and climate and their convergence have thrown up Global Mega Trends. These Mega Trends present opportunities for companies of all sizes," Dr Schlagbauer highlighted during his presentation.
Frost & Sullivan has identified 10 Global Mega Trends that range from Urbanization (how Mega Cities, Mega Regions, Mega Corridors are changing the world) and Social Trends (how Geo socialization, Gen Y and the Reverse Brain Drain are transforming interactions) to Healthcare (how paradigms are shifting from treatment to prevention) and E-mobility (how Smart Cities represent a new way of organizing and managing new fluidities in the personal and professional space).
The event culminated in a celebration of achievements by the following organisations demonstrating best practices in their respective disciplines.
• ABB – 2010 European Medium Voltage Drives New Product Innovation Award
• ACTAtek Pte Limited – 2010 World Biometrics Vertical Market Penetration Leadership
• Borealis – 2010 Global Automotive under-the-hood Plastics New Product Innovation Award
• Capilix – 2010 European Water Quality Sensors Technology Innovation Award
• Colibrys SA – 2010 European MEMS Accelerometers Enabling Technology Award
• Debiopharm Group – 2010 European Biopharmaceuticals Company of the Year Award
• Faceo – 2010 European Integrated Facility Management Company of the Year Award
• France Telecom – 2010 European E-Healthcare Product Differentiation Excellence Award
• Gerresheimer Bünde GmbH – 2010 European Prefillable Syringes Growth Leadership Award
• ABB Transformers – 2010 European Power and Distribution Market Penetration Leadership Award
• IrisGuard – 2010 World Biometrics Product Quality Leadership Award
• Nanotecture Ltd – 2010 European Nanomaterials Technology Innovation Award
• Orange – 2010 European M2M Telecom Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
• Ring2 Conferencing – 2010 European Conferencing Services New Product Innovation Award
• Robert Bosch Healthcare Inc. – 2010 European Patient Monitoring Product Quality Leadership Award
• Sectra – 2010 European Women's Health Imaging Product Quality Leadership Award
• Sensonor – 2010 European High Precision MEMS Gyroscopes New Product Innovation Award
• Smart Nose SA – 2010 European E-Nose Technology New Product Innovation Award
• Sogefi – 2010 European Powertrain Product Line Strategy Award
• Swep – 2010 European Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger Market Share Leadership Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 40 offices on six continents.