PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
New York, NY, United States, 2010/12/08 - Arkuda Digital, LLC, software development company with expertise in Digital Entertainment technology, has launched a software application for iPhone for managing media content within local digital networks.
ArkMC digital media controller application manages all compatible devices within multimedia network and allows controlling them remotely just by a tap on the iPhone. Using DLNA technology, the application makes it simple to operate with media content throughout local digital network.
ArkMC finds and enables streaming of AV files from PC, STB, Blu-Ray Disc Player, Digital Cameras, Camcorders and Mobile Devices to TV, PCs, Media Centers, Digital Photo Frames and Mobile Devices.
For example, music files stored on PC can be browsed and streamed on Media Center in a living room, video files from a camcorder can be played on TV, pictures stored on a camera could be displayed on a digital photo frame, etc.
This application automatically installs and doesn’t require additional software for configuration. Then, ArkMC identifies all compatible devices within network and provides a list of them grouped on servers and renderers. Servers act as a source of content, while renderers enable a playback of content. Application allows for choosing a server, browsing through its libraries, finding albums and files and streaming them on a chosen playback device.
It is easy to navigate inside the currently played file with stop, play, pause, fast forward and rewind buttons. All currently played files can be viewed and managed at once, even if they were launched by another system; the number of devices controlled concurrently is unlimited.
Substantial benefit of this controller is in empowering iPhone to manage a whole network from both inside and outside of the network environment. Another important feature, it unveils capabilities of all found devices and communicates with them in compliance with their functionality. This way, instead of giving identical default commands, ArkMC establishes individual dialog with each device and shows its current status. The application has a simple and functional user interface which will enhance the overall quality of your experience.
• Manages all multimedia content between DLNA compliant devices within media network over Wi-Fi or remote network access from anywhere inside and outside network environment
• Easily installs without configuration or incompatibility issues
• Discovers and displays all DLNA compliant devices in the network sorted on servers and renderers, thanks to its “matching” feature
• Enables browsing through server’s libraries and choosing content which then can be streamed on compatible renderers
• Allows streaming multimedia content on various devices in different rooms all at once
• Play, stop, pause, fast forward and rewind the playback navigation buttons
• Discovers capabilities of all devices and converts home network into an intelligent media environment with a two-way remote function
• Displays album covers, artists, genres and other file’s characteristics
• Represents easy-to-navigate, modern and functional user interface
Tested Media Servers:
- XBMC Media Server
- Windows Media Player
- Foobar2000 Media Server
- Twonky Media Server.
Tested media renderers:
- XBMC Media Renderer
- Windows Media Player
- Foobar2000 Media Renderer.
Compatible with iPhone, iPad Touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or newer.
About Arkuda Digital, LLC
Founded by seasoned professionals with a wealth of experience in Digital Entertainment industry, Arkuda Digital, LLC (arkudadigital.com) is a software development company specializing in providing highly technical solutions in UPnP/DLNA technology, real-time and video delivery systems development, embedded development, DTCP-IP, ARIB and Win DRM, transcoding, testing and QA, and other media related projects.