NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, today announced the launch of the next generation NAVTEQ TrafficOne, its web-based map, traffic, commuter and trip planning service widely used throughout the North American broadcast industry. New graphics such as satellite maps and hybrid views, together with new features that allows users to see only the traffic along the routes they care about, make NAVTEQ TrafficOne unique in the commute management services category.
NAVTEQ TrafficOne enables broadcasters to extend their audience reach and advertising revenue opportunity to the Web, while helping their end users finally get the upper hand over their daily commutes. End users can now opt to view only the traffic that’s most relevant to them—e.g. their usual routes home or to the office—while easily comparing routes that are faster due to lighter traffic conditions, more direct, or shorter in distance. Bold new graphics including satellite map views and hybrid overlays of roadway views onto satellite maps, provide a window onto the real world road network. Users can send themselves their own personalized live traffic reports via SMS or email so they know how and when to drive.
NAVTEQ TrafficOne is powered by automotive-grade quality NAVTEQ map data and the industry’s leading traffic service, NAVTEQ Traffic™—used in 18 out of the Top 18 Best-Rated factory-fitted navigation systems that provide traffic according to J.D. Power (2009).
NAVTEQ TrafficOne Solutions enhancements include:
• Dynamic, easy-to-embed and customize interactive web components where customers control their own web experience and own their own advertising revenue opportunity;
• Personalized traffic-enabled routing so consumers can quickly see what’s relevant to them;
• Stunning new satellite, hybrid, and traditional maps views;
• Multiple consumer touchpoints spanning web, email and SMS text messaging;
• Enhanced trip planning features that can generate routes based on what is most Direct, Fastest and Shortest, as well as routes that avoid Highways, Tollways, and Ferries;
• In-depth coverage of 52 North American metropolitan area markets, plus extended coverage to 134 others throughout the U.S. and Canada;
• Point-to-point traffic-enabled routing and cross city area routing;
• Fast performance—including fast map rendering, routing, and optimized one-field search function.
“NAVTEQ TrafficOne provides an elegant traffic solution for broadcasters and their audiences,” said John MacLeod, executive vice president of NAVTEQ. “It empowers broadcasters to directly benefit from an extended online audience while providing their listeners and viewers with the kind and quality of traffic information commuters need.”
NAVTEQ TrafficOne is part of trio of compelling NAVTEQ traffic products widely used throughout the broadcast industry. NAVTEQ CommuteVantage provides superior traffic data feeds with customizable real time traffic graphics to television stations, while NAVTEQ Broadcaster provides the audio counterpoint for radio stations. Based on the industry’s leading map and location content, the pre-configured product enables the seamless integration of Mapping, Routing, Search and Commute Management, and is easy to embed and customize on any website.
NAVTEQ (navteq.com) is the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (digital location content), enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ was founded in 1985 and now supplies comprehensive digital location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2010, proudly supported by approximately 5,100 employees located in 212 offices in 48 countries.
NAVTEQ, NAVTEQ TrafficOne and NAVTEQ Traffic are trademarks in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
[Content made possible by PRZOOM indexing services]