essency today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Awareness! The Headphone App – a potentially life saving app for iOS.
Awareness! allows users to listen to their music with complete peace of mind, knowing that important sounds (warnings, shouts, sirens, alarms or conversations) won’t be missed. It is a unique new class of functional headphone app.
These Are Recent headlines:
- Teen killed by car while wearing headphones;
- Headphone Wearing Jogger Killed By Plane;
- Teacher killed by tram while listening to headphones.
Awareness! solves these problems, allowing users to listen to their music at whatever volume they choose but, able to remain fully World Aware.
Awareness! uses patented technology to make headphones better and more practical to use. Users can hear what’s going on around them while they’re listening to music and they can set precisely the amount and type of external sound they want delivered into their headphone mix.
It’s the essential app for music listening pedestrians, drivers, cyclists and bikers who need audio awareness for safety’s sake.
• Safety on the streets
• Helps avoid headphone related accidents ;
• Banish headphone oblivion.
"If you are on a bike and lost in your music, Awareness! will let you hear that truck while its still some distance away. If you are on a train, Awareness! will let you hear the next station announcement before you shoot past.”
Alex Georgiou, a spokesperson for UK based developers essency explains: "Awareness! is not just a safety app, it gives users the option of setting a microphone trigger level so the mic is only switched on when an external sound exceeds the desired level. in the office it allows headphone users to hear a phone ring or when they're being offered a coffee - without taking their headphones off.
At home it allows users to hear a doorbell, the chime of a clock, or a baby monitor."
Awareness! gives users the option of setting a microphone trigger level so the mic is only switched on when an external sound exceeds the desired level.
- a unique new class of active functional headphone app;
- maintain spatial audio awareness for better safety in any surrounding;
- bleed in external sounds;
- AutoSet - automatically sets a microphone trigger level to exclude everyday background noise;
- allow warnings to break through even the loudest music;
- can be used while travelling, in the office, at home;
- can be used anywhere headphones or earphones are used;
- can be used with music, videos, games and audio books;
- works with all headphones headsets and earphones especially closed, on-ear, in-ear, noise isolating and noise-cancelling headphones;
- for iPhone and iPod Touch - coming to iPad, Android, and Symbian;
- available now from the Apple App Store itunes.apple.com/.
- Awareness! works with all headphones. Headphones and Headsets with mics attached are essential for cycling.
- Common sense is highly recommended! If you stroll in front of a speeding truck, Awareness will not save your life. We don't think anyone should wear headphones in situations where they need their wits about them. We know people do this though. Awareness can help, but common sense is highly recommended, Darwin had a point.
Road Safety Brief Below:
'Awareness' is very valid Tech helping Safety story and very topical with DOT and AA and more weighing in on the subject right now.
Highlighting 'headphone zombies,' Edmund King, the president of the AA, recently called for the Department for Transport to launch a campaign warning cyclists of the risks of being lost in music. "They [iPods] are meant to be mobile, but if you are cycling, you need all your senses about you," the AA president said.
'Your earphones could kill you'. The campaign director of Youth for Road Safety told the Daily Mail: "People don’t realise how dangerous listening to music is on the roads - whether pedestrian or cyclist. It takes one of your key senses away. People shouldn’t do it."
"You can legislate until you are blue in the face. On the issue of iPods we just need to raise awareness."
Please visit essency.co.uk for more information.