The Export Service Centre, a member of the non-profit Kearny Alliance, hosted “How to Win More Export Orders” workshop on Oct. 31 for Bali’s small- and medium-sized suppliers.
The aim of the free training is to provide export manufacturers with essential export marketing and inquiry management skills to gain more export orders.
Each supplier who attended the workshop has a two-page company and product profile in Indonesia Sourcing Report: Home Décor or in Indonesia Sourcing Report: Leather Products, which will be available in November.
“The Sourcing Reports are important components of our Developing Country Export Assistance Program,” said Alexander Boome, Program director of the Kearny Alliance. “They give buyers easy access to verified suppliers of specific products in emerging markets.”
Eugene Verspoor, general manager of Export Service Centre, said: “Understanding what buyers want and responding directly to their needs is vital for export success. Our intention is to help local suppliers develop these essential skills so they can close more orders and create more jobs in Indonesia.”
Gusti Ngurah Suryawan, owner of Jaya Taru Interior and Exterior, said: “Since I started my business seven years ago, I always tried to find a way to gain more access to the world market but I didn’t know how. I learned a lot from the workshop and expect through my Global Sources website I can grow my exports.”
Diana Suhartini, owner of DIS Bali Fashion, said: “I never attended such a useful workshop like this. I didn’t realize the importance of online marketing in improving my business.”
Survey results show workshop value to exporters’ business
The Workshop included three carefully structured sessions:
• What buyers want: Step into your buyers’ shoes for better sales results;
• Effective online marketing: Using Global Sources tools effectively to attract better buyers, and;
• Effective inquiry management: How to identify quality buyer inquiries and convert them into orders.
More than 80 percent of participants said the workshop was “very good or good”. Other results show:
• 90 percent said the “What buyers want” offered great value to their current business;
• 100 percent said “Effective online marketing” was very useful or useful, and;
• 90 percent said the “Effective inquiry management” was very practical or practical.
The Developing County Export Assistance Program team is scheduling further training in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in December.
Sourcing Reports for Vietnam, India, Cambodia, the Philippines and Indonesia
The Indonesia Sourcing Reports are part of a series of Reports from Vietnam, India, Cambodia, the Philippines and Indonesia.
About The Kearny Alliance
The Kearny Alliance (kearnyalliance.org), a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) foundation based in Scottsdale, Arizona, partners with other international organizations to further its mission of ‘Aid through Trade’, to advance international development and poverty alleviation through trade-related business, education, training and applied research.
Key programmatic areas include:
• Livelihood development at the grassroots level: Through the social enterprise Export Service Centre in Indonesia and Cambodia, the Kearny Alliance assists small producers who do not have the capacity to export direct to participate in the global economy. It estimates that in 2009 it created more than 3,800 jobs.
• Job creation for small & medium producers: Through the Developing Country Export Assistance Program, the Kearny Alliance connects smaller exporters in developing Asia with buyers worldwide. Surveys of beneficiaries show that suppliers have received $772,000 in export orders, and they expect more than $5,500,000 to develop in 2010.
• Education & skills development: The Kearny Alliance offers stipend support for students from Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and mainland China to study in Hong Kong and the US. The dozens of Kearny Alliance Scholars receive internships and on-the-job training in export-related companies and organizations in 10 countries.
• Trade policy research: One major initiative is the FutureofUSChinaTrade.Com, an online center for data, analysis, and insightful discussion on U.S. - China trade offering Forum Discussions, News & Analysis, Facts & Figures, Discussion Outcomes, Book reviews and Meet the Experts. This developed from The Kearny Alliance – Arizona State University forums on China, trade and the world economic order high-level series of interlinked meetings – held in Phoenix and Beijing which explored potential solutions to issues and challenges of mutual benefit to China-US trade relations.