PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Houston, TX, United States, 2010/11/04 - Lanner Group, the process improvement provider, and HospitaLogix, the healthcare logistics and operations planner, agree a new consultancy partnership following a joint collaboration on the Rush University Medical Center Campus Transformation Project.
Lanner Group, the process improvement solution and simulation software provider, and HospitaLogix, the healthcare logistics and operations planning specialist, have agreed a new partnership following a joint collaboration on a project for Chicago's Rush University Medical Center.
As part of the Rush's $1 billion Campus Transformation, the Lanner Group / HospitaLogix project included the development of a consulting methodology that led to the program making major savings and performance improvement.
The new methodology is based on expertise in healthcare, logistics, process mapping, and project management, supported by dynamic process simulation. It includes patient flow analysis, room sizing and utilisation, and staff and material requirements.
David Jones, CEO of Lanner Group, says, "We are delighted to announce this partnership with HospitaLogix.
"The work that we have already carried out at Rush University Medical Center has demonstrated the strength of our joint proposition, which is based on HospitaLogix's expertise in the global healthcare marketplace and our simulation and planning technology. We anticipate many similar engagements in the future and look forward to working closely with HospitaLogix to improve the processes within hospitals and other healthcare facilities."
Craig Miller, Managing Director at HospitaLogix says, "We are pleased to be working with Lanner Group in this formal partnership. Efficiency and cost-effectiveness in healthcare are now huge requirements right across the world because of ageing populations and rising costs. We believe that our new collaboration with Lanner Group will enable us to support hospitals and other institutions achieve their aims to streamline processes and improve operational and financial planning."
Cooperative work between HospitaLogix and Lanner Group include:
- Patient flow analysis, room sizing and utilization, staff and material requirements for the design and operation of an Interventional Platform grouping together 63 operating rooms with a wide range of specialties.
- Emergency Department designated as center for advanced emergency response, and the Obstetrics/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Platform which includes 10 Labor-Delivery-Recovery (LDR) and 72 private NICU rooms.
- Patient holding / recovery area sizing and equipment utilization analysis for the design of a Diagnostics Platform.
- Flow analysis, staff, Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) and elevator requirements for the delivery and picking of all the logistics (catering, medical supplies, laundry, pharmacy, linen, sterilization) within a campus under transformation.
- Throughput and operational cost analysis as part of competitive bidding support for the selection of a supplier of automated biological laboratories.
HospitaLogix is a national planning and consulting firm specializing in healthcare logistics and operational planning for existing and new facilities. The firm was created from a passion to improve efficiency and safety while reducing expenses and waste. It is located in Chicago, IL.
About Lanner Group, Inc.
Lanner Group, Inc. (lanner.com) is the Houston, TX based Americas subsidiary of Lanner Group Ltd, a UK company dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to model, analyze and optimize processes through simulation software enabling business managers to make comprehensive decisions in a risk-free environment. Its client roster includes over 3000 customers including end users HP, 3M, Boeing, Ford, GM, Nissan, and Rolls Royce. In 2010 Lanner Group, Inc. was certified a Top 20% Performer by Open Ratings Inc., a Dun & Bradstreet company based on Past Performance Evaluation responses of its reference customers.