PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Cleveland, OH, United States, 2010/11/03 - Unique, compact light attaches to power tools to improve visibility in dimly lit spaces and free-hands for greater safety & accuracy - Drillite.com.
Drillite, LLC today announced the release of Drillite™, an innovative, versatile accessory device that attaches to power tools to give professional contractors, handymen, and do-it-yourselfers hands-free, targeted light when working in dark or dimly lit spaces.
Drillite is designed to be used with drill motors, saws, power screwdrivers, rotary hammers, and other power tools. It attaches in seconds with a Velcro strip, and its bright, LED light beam is easily adjusted to precisely direct light to the desired work area.
“Low lighting can present challenges and safety risks when working under sinks, in dark corners, or in attics and basements,” said Neville Hanchett, Drillite’s inventor and President of Drillite, LLC. “Having to hold a flashlight in one hand and a power tool in the other compromises accuracy and safety. Drillite puts light where you need it and keeps both hands free to better control the power tool.”
Injuries from power tools account for some 400,000 emergency room visits in the U.S. each year, according to the federal Consumer Product Safety Commission. “Drillite is an affordable, easy way to light the workspace for greater visibility, accuracy, and less risk of injury,” Hanchett stated.
The patent-pending Drillite is available for $19.95 (includes shipping/handling) at drillite.com. Recently highlighted on the TV show, “What a Great Idea,” the Drillite features:
• Simple, twist-on and twist-off operation;
• High brightness, 100,000-hour LED light that never needs replacement;
• High-energy permanent magnetic base that allows Drillite to also affix to toolboxes and other metal surfaces and/or hold extra drill and screw bits for easy access;
• Three Velcro straps in varying lengths ( 6", 12", and 18") to accommodate power tools of various sizes:
• Rubber, non-slip pad that won’t damage tools and prevents the Drillite from slipping;
• Lightweight and compact design that makes Drillite easy to take along.
Drillite (drillite.com) is the second light-technology product designed by Hanchett, who also holds a patent on Mobolazer™, a portable laser light show system used by hundreds of night clubs.