Parvus Corporation announces the ACS-5180 PC/104-Plus MIL-STD-1275/704 power supply module at MILCOM booth #1224 being held in the Jose Convention Center Oct 31 to Nov 3. The ACS-5180 is a rugged DC/DC converter card designed for extended temperature operation (-40 to +85°C), high shock and vibration levels, and demanding voltage transient conditions experienced by military ground vehicles (MIL-STD-1275D) and aircraft (MIL-STD-704F) platforms, including 250V spikes and 100V surges.
Parvus plans to roll-out the ACS-5180 as a stand-alone card and integrated into DuraCOR mission computers and DuraNET routers and switch subsystems. Featuring robust voltage input protections and onboard MIL-STD-461 EMI filtering, the card will typically eliminate the need for additional in-line power conditioning/EMI filtering integrated into such embedded systems. With a rugged mechanical design, this small form factor card is designed as the bottom card in a PC/104 system stack to operate without heatsinking or any active cooling and provide resistance to high levels of shock and vibration. This highly efficient, galvanically isolated power supply can supply 80 watts of power in military / civil ground vehicle, shipboard, and aircraft applications over the PC/104 (ISA) bus, PC/104-Plus (PCI) bus, or screw clamp terminal.
Key Features & Specifications:
• Form Factor: PC/104-Plus power supply (3.550" x 3.775");
• Voltage Input: 28.0 VDC (+18 VDC to +33VDC continuous with support for 250V spike and 100V surges per MIL-STD-1275);
• Voltage Outputs: up to 80 watts (+5V @ 16A; +12V @ 2.0A, +3.3V @ 8.0A);
• Isolation: 1500V galvanic isolation DC;
• Power input protection: reverse polarity, voltage transient, surge, spike, over current;
• Power output protection: filtered output, current fold-back;
• Remote shutdown support and status indication;
• High efficiency: 90+% efficient at full load;
• Compliance: formal qualification testing in-process for MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-STD-704F, MIL-STD-461E.
Limited quantities of the ACS-5180 will become available by end of year 2010. Contact sales[.]eurotech.com for pricing and updated availability information. For additional specifications or to download a product datasheet, visit the ACS-5180 product page.