A world where women are a dominant force in the global market is quickly becoming a reality. At the annual Women's Conference beginning today, Intuit Inc. reinforced its commitment to empower all women - from the "Household CEO" to the first-time small business owner - to achieve their financial dreams.
Intuit is sharing tips for women to budget and save money, start and grow a small business, and get ready for tax time. For example:
• Remember the 10-10-10 Rule. Whenever you feel the urge to buy something that may be above your budget or just seems expensive, ask yourself: Will I remember this purchase in 10 minutes? 10 months? 10 years?
• Make your home energy efficient. During 2010, if you install approved water heaters, windows, roofing or heating and cooling systems that reduce energy consumption, you can get a tax credit of up to $1,500.
• Develop a loyalty program for your business. Set up a method to provide discounts or rewards to loyal customers. Even a simple frequent shopper card program can help you retain customers.
The company will also highlight its Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation programs and projects that promote financial literacy and independence among disadvantaged, lower-income individuals, small businesses, and the nonprofit organizations that serve them. For example, in partnership with Maria Shriver's WE Connect Campaign, the Web Connector online tool guides people through an easy question and answer process to determine if they may be eligible for five programs designed to help lower-income individuals and families: the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, the Child Care Credit, Food Stamps, and the Women, Infants and Children program.
That support coincides with the recently released Intuit 2020 Report, which provides a glimpse of the business world over the next decade. It envisions a She-conomy, where women will attain greater leadership roles in the workplace, politics and education. The report predicts that nearly 1 billion women, many of whom have never held jobs in the workplace, will be new contributors in the world economy. As women tap into increasing opportunities, Intuit is helping empower them and providing tools and services needed for success.
"Women everywhere have dreams for their lives, families, business success and communities. At Intuit, we want to help women put more money in their purse and make those dreams a reality," said Susan Mason, director of Intuit's Financial Freedom Foundation. "The She-conomy is particularly exciting as we see the global opportunity for women grow. We plan to use our philanthropy to empower underserved women by offering them free tools and resources to build their financial strength and independence. Participating in the Women's conference gives us a chance to see that change in action."
Highlights of Intuit's Participation at the Women's Conference
During the conference, Intuit will provide several opportunities for women to obtain more information to help them succeed financially.
• Nora Denzel, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit's Employee Management Solutions business, will kick off a panel discussion titled "It's Time to Create Your Own Business," offering practical advice for women starting businesses.
• The Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation is putting a total of $30,000 in the "purses" of five organizations represented by the 2010 Minerva Honorees, including the Operation Gratitude, Oral Lee Brown Foundation, Crossroads, Inc., ICivics Inc. and the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy Foundation
• Intuit's booth, a giant blue purse, will give visitors the opportunity to engage with Intuit staff and Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors to receive advice and learn about resources and tools to help put more money in their purse.
Join the Online Conversation
Women don't have to be present at the Women's Conference to share and obtain advice to succeed in the She-conomy.
• Women can visit sheconomy2020.com to get tips on starting and running their own small business, watch videos and see research on women in the current economic climate.
• Conference attendees and others can share their advice for putting more money in their purse on Twitter using #More$$inPurse.
• Intuit will host a series of Twitter town halls after the conference to share the best advice and discuss the she-conomy. The first town hall will be conducted in the days following the conference. Follow @IntuitInc on Twitter for more details.
About Intuit, Inc.
Intuit, Inc. (intuit.com) is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.5 billion in its fiscal year 2010. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations.
[Content made possible by PRZOOM indexing services]