PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Doylestown, PA, United States, 2010/10/07 - Sagefrog Marketing Group, a full service marketing, interactive and public relations firm, announces the results of their fifth annual Marketing Mix Survey that monitors and reports the latest marketing trends.
Conducted during the summer of 2010, the report includes valuable feedback from marketing professionals. In addition to the new data, the survey includes marketing trends over the past five years.
Despite the economy, one third of businesses spend 10% or more of their overall budget on marketing. There is a major trend toward spending on website development and online marketing. Among the list of commonly utilized marketing practices are several online tactics such as websites, email marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, social media, and online advertising.
"The Marketing Mix Survey has become a must-have reference for marketers who are developing their 2011 marketing plan," said Mark Schmukler, managing partner at Sagefrog Marketing Group.
Key results include:
• The majority (60%) of the companies are using both in-house resources and outsourcing to marketing agencies on a project basis
• Most say that "5% of their overall budget is invested in marketing"; with an increasing percentage spent on website development and online marketing (2006 through 2010)
• Marketing budgets are spent mostly on website development, online marketing, tradeshows and events, direct marketing and advertising
• The greatest source of leads and Return-On-Investment are referrals, online marketing, tradeshows and events as well as email marketing
• The most utilized social media tactics are social networking sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn; as well as blogs with usage rates of 63% and 43% respectively
Despite the economy, approximately half of companies (48%) plan to increase their 2011 marketing budget.
The survey reveals how marketing budgets are being spent, where sales leads come from, where companies are getting the most return on investment and which online tools and social media tactics businesses are using for marketing.
About Sagefrog Marketing Group
Sagefrog Marketing Group, LLC (sagefrog.com) is a full service marketing, interactive and public relations firm located in the greater Philadelphia area. They specialize in health, technology, and business marketing for companies in the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey area. Sagefrog's services include marketing strategy and research, brand identity, marketing materials, websites, online marketing, public relations, advertising, trade shows, direct marketing and email marketing. For additional information about Sagefrog Marketing Group, please visit sagefrog.com