September 2010 is Fitness Formula Club’s 26th Anniversary, and to celebrate, on September 28, 29 and 30 each of FFC’s nine (9) club locations throughout Chicagoland will offer a three day open house with fitness activities, festivities and refreshments for members and guests. Non-members will be allowed complimentary access to any FFC club on those dates.
There will be several fitness activities to participate in and demonstrations to view; below is just a sample of some of the innovative group exercise classes and activities that will be offered; for a full list of open house activities and times separated per club, visit the FFC website.
• Sample the martial art of Muay Thai or climb the famous climbing wall at FFC Old Town, 1235 N LaSalle Blvd.
• Attend a Spin Bike Class on the FFC Gold Coast Green Roof or relax to live jazz music in the club’s café, 1030 N Clark St.
• Participate in fitness testing or ‘Beat the Trainer’ workouts at FFC Oak Park, 1114 Lake Street in Oak Park.
• The FFC South Loop location at State & Roosevelt will debut their new café food line from Eat Fit.
• Relax with a complimentary chair massage or try the Battling Ropes at the Halsted & Belmont location.
• Try a ‘Zumba plus’! Class or enjoy Happy Hour pizza at FFC Lincoln Park at North & Sheffield.
• Participate in the Row Machine Contest or try a Power Plate workout at FFC Union Station, 444 W Jackson Blvd.
• Compete against a Personal Trainer in a plank holding contest or attend a mini health fair at FFC East Lakeview, located at the corner of Pine Grove & Waveland.
Plus, all FFC clubs will offer Pilates demonstrations and different types of food/beverage samples where patrons can try products from industry vendors or local businesses.
“The goal of the three day open house is to invite both prospective and existing members to try something new while having fun,” said FFC Founder & CEO Gale Landers. “Our 26 Year Anniversary is as much a milestone for us as it is for all of our members who have supported us over the years. It’s a combination celebration for both our staff and members to enjoy.”
Non-FFC members are encouraged to visit the official website, or contact member services at their FFC club of choice for an appointment or additional information. All guests will also receive a free gift on behalf of FFC at the open house. For additional information, contact FFC Director of Marketing Communications Merikay Marzoni at mmarzoni[.]ffc.com or 312-648-4666 x229.
About Fitness Formula Clubs
Established in 1984 by Founder and CEO Gale Landers, FFC (ffc.com) owns and operates upscale, mid and large size multi-use health, sports, fitness, and spa centers in the Chicago area. The company also provides corporate wellness programs, health and nutrition education, the healthy lifestyle CONNECTIONS magazine, signature group exercise programs, and numerous individual and group training initiatives. Each Chicagoland location is dedicated to supporting the local community, and equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment, signature group exercise classes, personal training, nutrition counseling, spa services, massage therapy, and many customized fitness programs. FFC is recognized by the fitness industry for creating a distinct member experience.