19 different sectors such as furniture, food and construction were analyzed. As a result many important findings can be presented that are especially useful for companies that operate in multiple sectors.
Positive trends seen in most Turkish markets
- One example from the “Turkey Multi-Sector Trends 2010“ by yStats.com demonstrates that the tourism and travel sector generated already 27 billion US dollars in revenue in 2009 and is expected to contribute as much as 50 billion US dollars to the GDP by 2019.
- The hotel industry has been growing steadily; this trend can be attributed to both tourism and business activities, such as conferences and trade shows.
- In the clothing industry Turkey is the fifth largest player worldwide with a market share of almost 4 % and the second largest manufacturer in the EU.
- Domestic demand for food is determined by increasing income and changing habits of the young generation. Approximately 60% of food sales take place in non-traditional retail settings, such as bazaars.
- The young Turkish logistics industry grows rapidly, amongst others due to the favorable conditions in the country.
- The rising number of visitors (+10% in 2009) who frequent various cultural events and new, reliable channels of distribution are responsible for the boom that is predicted for the Turkish real estate sector in 2010.
- However, the construction industry was hit hard by the economic downturn, but it remains the fourth largest sector in Turkey after services, manufacturing and agriculture.
- In the Turkish paint industry only approx. 65% of the total capacity of 1 million tons/year is utilized; this translates to fifth place in a Europe-wide comparison. However, continuous growth could help to advance the country to third place in the future.
yStats.com has been committed to research up-to-date, objective and demand-based data on markets and competitors for top managers from various industries since 2005. Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, the firm has a strong international focus and is specialized in secondary market research. In addition to offering reports on markets and competitors, yStats.com also carries out client-specific research. Clients include leading global enterprises from various industries including B2C E-Commerce, electronic payment systems, mail order and direct marketing, logistics, as well as banking and consulting.