Media5 Corporation, a leading developer of advanced Communications over IP products solutions, today announced the release of the M5T PacketCable™ 2.0 Embedded Digital Voice Adaptor (M5T PC2.0 E-DVA) Firmware for the Texas Instrument (TI) Puma 5 family of DOCSIS 3.0 cable chipsets.
The new M5T PC2.0 E-DVA Firmware represents the only commercially available off-the-shelf Residential SIP Telephony PacketCable™ 2.0 solution for TI Puma 5. It aims to lower the cost of entry into the cable market for ODM/OEMs, and will provide MSOs with a greater range of products to select from that are all interoperable through a common Firmware platform.
The M5T PC2.0 E-DVA Firmware was specifically designed for ODM/OEMs that develop and market voice-enabled cable modems based on the TI Puma 5 platform. The combined turnkey solution implements SIP telephony services and voice management while integrating seamlessly within TI’s Puma 5 platform and VSDK- providing DOCSIS 3.0, Codec APIs and related SNMP/MIB device management functionality.
“This initiative will allow ODM/OEMs to accelerate the development and release of new Residential SIP Telephony cable modem products while also allowing upgrades of existing products based on earlier PacketCable™ specifications”, said Eric Tremblay, Product Line Manager at Media5. “This highly integrated solution will also substantially minimize costs , including development costs through a complete off-the-shelf firmware solution; sustaining costs through the transparent integration of Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) issued by PacketCable™; and certification costs, as the Firmware has already been through the CableLabs certification process.”
Key Benefits and Features
• Off-the-shelf PacketCable™ 2.0 implementation for TI Puma 5, ready to be certified;
• Implements E-DVA telephony state machine for driving analog phones;
• Implements the Residential SIP Telephony Features (RSTF) specification that defines the common residential telephony features deployed in PacketCable™ 2.0 networks;
• Fully implements all standard PacketCable™ 2.0 MIBs;
• Provides an easy upgrade path for deployed devices from PacketCable™ 1.0 to 2.0;
• Firmware can be customized and adapted to meet ODM/OEM & Cable Operators (MSOs) differentiated feature requirements;
• Proven SIP &- IMS based technology, using the widely-deployed M5T SIP Client Engine and M5T SIP stack.
Pricing and availability
M5T PC2.0 E-DVA Firmware for TI Puma 5 is available immediately. Please contact Media5 Corporation or visit media5corp.com/edva-firmware for pricing and more information.
About Media5 Corporation
Media5 Corporation (media5corp.com) has built upon the leading technologies of Mediatrix Telecom and M5T to develop advanced, secure, and survivable VoIP products, technologies and services for Service Providers and Enterprise Networks. Media5 products and solutions are widely interoperable and have received commercial endorsement from the world’s leading manufacturers of telecommunications equipment as well as from large telecommunication carriers.
Media5 has its corporate offices in the Sherbrooke area, in Canada, and regional offices in the United States, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.