This week during the IBC Conference in Amsterdam, Rovi Corporation will be demonstrating several of its products that enable its customers – consumer electronics manufacturers, television service providers, and entertainment web portals – to deliver a robust digital entertainment experience to consumers.
By bringing together entertainment data, media networking and sharing capabilities and guidance technology, Rovi provides a simple, personalized digital experience that helps customers create deeper entertainment connections for their users.
• With Rovi TotalGuide™, CE manufacturers can offer simple and intuitive access to multiple content types – broadcast, premium, Internet-based and personal – and enhance the consumer experience through rich TV programming data and extended multimedia capabilities.
• The Rovi Connected Platform helps CE and customer premises equipment manufacturers and distributors speed time to market and differentiate their offerings by enabling them to build networked products that store, discover, and play back personal and Internet-based content.
• The Rovi Personal Media Manager is a digital media management software application that allows consumers to more easily clean, stream and share their digital media, regardless of source or location. With advanced identification tools and extensive entertainment metadata, Personal Media Manager enables consumers to find and enjoy their music, movies, photos and other digital media.
In addition to the company’s exhibit at IBC, Rovi is working with STMicroelectronics and Wyplay to display collaborative solutions for the delivery of entertainment content worldwide.
• Rovi is showcasing its TotalGuide solution ported to STMicroelectronics’ STi7105 platform, as an advanced reference design for set-top boxes.
• With Wyplay, Rovi is demonstrating a CE HTML web implementation of an electronic program guide.
If you are planning to attend IBC, Rovi will be located at 5.B20. For more information on Rovi’s technology solutions showcased at IBC, go to rovicorp.com or contact Linda Quach.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi Corporation (rovicorp.com) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations. The company also provides extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos to its customers in the consumer electronics, cable and satellite, entertainment and online distribution markets. These solutions, complemented by industry leading entertainment data, create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form.
Rovi holds over 4,600 issued or pending patents and patent applications worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with numerous offices across the United States and around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2009 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.