Radware (NASDAQ: RDWR), a leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced AppDirector® 2.30, the newest addition to its award-winning intelligent Application Delivery Controller (ADC) solution. The first solution to integrate security into the ADC more than 10 years ago, the new AppDirector 2.30 has been designed from the ground-up to provide an end-to-end security and compliance solution part of the ADC, to successfully mitigate application vulnerability exploitation and emerging network attacks. By delivering a holistic approach to security and compliance, AppDirector 2.30 not only protects the network and applications, but it also addresses all data center security aspects and needs including reporting, ticketing, forensics and compliance.
Network and application security attacks – such as Denial of Service (DoS), Distributed DoS (DDoS), intrusion attacks and application vulnerability exploitation – may compromise the availability of mission-critical applications and cause performance degradation – resulting in poor Quality of Experience (QoE) and affecting the overall business reputation. Therefore, it is imperative to be able to effectively protect against such security attacks and threats in the next-generation data center. By combining a unique set of security protection technologies in the ADC, AppDirector 2.30 is the leading security-integrated ADC on the market, enabling to completely protect network and applications while saving on capital expenditures, improving performance and simplifying operations through centralized management – for both the application delivery and the security layers. AppDirector 2.30 key security capabilities include:
• Behavioral Denial of Service (DoS) protection – behavior-based DoS mitigation technology which uses real-time signatures to protect application infrastructure against network & application downtime, application vulnerability exploitation, malware spread, information theft and other emerging network attacks;
• Signature-based DoS/DDoS Shield – safeguarding from DoS and Distributed DoS (DDoS) attacks using a signature-based mechanism to mitigate TCP, UDP, ICMP or IGMP floods, packet anomalies as well as known DoS attacking tools;
• SYN Cookies - employed to eliminate SYN queue exhaustion which might lead to connection dropping and uncompleted transactions, to successfully mitigate SYN flood attacks;
• High-rate DoS Mitigation Engine (DME) – a dedicated hardware component which prevents high-volume DoS/DDoS flood attacks by combating up to 10 Million Packets per Second (PPS) - with no compromise on legitimate traffic throughput;
• Advanced Service Protection delivering real-time service cracking and scanning mitigation to efficiently eliminate brute-force attacks and successfully safeguard HTTP, FTP, SIP, SMTP/IMAP/POP3 and additional types of servers – that run today's most-popular, mission-critical applications and services; and
• Stateful Access Control increasing the resilience of applications and providing continuous operation by enforcing various access policies - protecting servers from unauthorized access ensuring that only designated servers are publicly accessible and employing "mid-flow protection" – i.e. a sensitive operation only starts with new session initiation.
In addition, Radware also offers APSolute Vision, a unified management tool which not only provides system-wide, multiple application delivery device management, but also adds a new level of security and compliance management based on a best-of-breed data center security solution, an industry first in the ADC market. APSolute Vision provides centralized attack management, real-time monitoring, advanced forensics and historical reporting across the different modules, multiple AppDirector devices and locations – enabling advanced correlation for new attacks. Providing clear visibility into the actions through the integrated modules, APSolute Vision incorporates a powerful Security Event Management Engine that enables security managers to detect, prioritize and respond to emerging network attacks that threaten the business applications infrastructure; It offers per user customization of real-time dashboards and historical reports; an advanced forensics engine providing attack evidence and attack trends analysis; compliance achievement with pre-defined report sets for PCI, HIPAA, SOX etc. and complete event lifecycle management through an advanced incident handling system including ticketing.
"The unique combination of AppDirector's multi-layered security offering, APSolute Vision's security reporting and compliance, in addition to other advanced security capabilities – such as Web Application Firewall (WAF), XML firewalling and Web Services protection – provides our customers with a market first," stated Nir Ilani, Product Marketing Director, Application Delivery, Radware. "Our customers can ensure cost-effective security operations and compliance in the data center to guarantee undisrupted business operation - even when under attack – while benefitting from the simplicity of operations and reduced CAPEX," he continued.
AppDirector is based on Radware's OnDemand Switch® platform which delivers on demand scalability in throughput and services allowing customers to scale up though a simple software license upgrade as needed. Additionally, AppDirector provides a broad set of application delivery services and features to address today's application delivery requirements, including: full IPv6 gateway support; integrated application acceleration features and patented global server load balancing (GSLB) capabilities, to name a few.
Radware (radware.com), a global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for nearly 10,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSolute®, Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of application delivery and network security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business smart".
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, general business conditions in the Application Switching or Network Security industry, changes in demand for Application Switching or Network Security products, the timing and amount or cancellation of orders and other risks.