PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain, 2010/08/30 - Panda Internet Security 2011 ranks above Symantec, ESET, AVG, Kaspersky and others.
Company’s cloud protection backbone also gets top honors in recent independent review from AV-Test.org.
Panda Security today announced that Panda Internet Security 2011 obtained the Number One rank in the most recent Security Suites Performance Test from independent reviewer, AV-Comparatives.org. Panda Security received the highest certification level of Advanced+ and performed better overall than all of the competition including Symantec, ESET, AVG, Kaspersky, F-Secure and Trend Micro. This test released on August 23 reviewed the impact of security suites on system performance, and underscores the effectiveness of Panda’s proactive and cloud protection technologies in detecting new malware while minimizing impact on users’ PCs performance.
“It’s becoming increasingly important that antivirus software provides high detection and remediation rates without degrading system performance,” said Andreas Clementi, chairman, AV-Comparatives.org. “Panda Security’s approach in bringing malware detection and analysis into the cloud has proven to be an effective way to tackle this complex issue.”
All of the consumer and business solutions offered by Panda Security benefit from Collective Intelligence, the company’s proprietary cloud-based technology for automating the identification and remediation of malware threats instantaneously. Collective Intelligence leverages Panda’s global network of millions of users, what it refers to as the Power of Community, to deliver real-time protection against new and unknown threats. This protection model decreases PC resource consumption significantly, and is the primary reason for the product’s high scores in PC performance impact. Panda Internet Security 2011 and Panda’s other consumer security suites boast a 50 percent improvement in performance on Windows 7 environments when compared to last year’s versions.
In addition to the performance impact review by AV-Comparatives.org, Panda Security has achieved top scores in many recent independent tests including:
• Full Product Test by AV-Test.org (August 2010): Panda Internet Security 2010 received excellent scores in all categories, accomplishing top rank along with two other vendors. According to Andreas Marx, CEO of AV-Test.org, “Panda Internet Security was one of only three products to receive the highest scores during this exhaustive test which was performed over a period of 12 weeks.”
• PC Security Labs Total Protection Test (August 2010): Panda Internet Security 2010 achieved both “5 Star” rating and a special award for “Top Detection” out of all tested solutions by the Chinese independent lab.
• Product Review by Computerworld (July 2010): Panda Internet Security 2010 was reviewed by Frank Ohlhorst who concluded that the product offers “maximum protection with minimum fuss.”
• Retrospective/Proactive Test by AV-Comparatives.org (May 2010): Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 obtained the top score for its proactive capabilities, and detected impressive amounts of new malware using only heuristics and generic signatures.
• On-Demand Malware Detection Test by AV-Comparatives.org (February 2010): Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 achieved top scores, scoring 99.2 percent in the detection of the tests sample set.
“These independent test results demonstrate that it’s possible to substantially lessen the impact of antivirus software on PC performance while at the same time increasing protection,” said Pedro Bustamante, Senior Research Advisor at Panda Security. “Panda is in a unique position to deliver excellent protection with minimum impact on computer resources based on our ongoing leadership and innovation with cloud-based scanning.”
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security (pandasecurity.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the world. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 56 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.