AccelOps, the integrated data center and cloud service monitoring leader, today announced that Dionex has selected AccelOps to automate, centralize and scale its security and compliance capabilities while dramatically reducing log management costs. Taking advantage of AccelOps competitive upgrade program, Dionex advanced from their Cisco MARS security appliance to AccelOps virtual appliance to realize greater functionality, interoperability and investment protection.
Dionex joins other enterprise customers and service providers migrating from conventional log management and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems to AccelOps' integrated data center monitoring solution. Many organizations are looking beyond conventional SIEM approaches due to:
• The difficulty to justify budgets for silo'd products of only one function or department;
• The limited operational details that hamper security staff from efficiently discerning security from non-security issues, conducting investigations and generating reports;
• The administrative burden and cost to implement, maintain and scale SIEM products for larger enterprises and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP).
"We needed broad operational visibility and given the question of Cisco MARS on-going maintenance and device support, we felt it was time to extend our security and network monitoring capacity," said Eric Hoy, manager of IT Global Network Services at Dionex. "AccelOps provides greater SIEM functionality, versatility and efficiency compared to using multiple tools. Migrating from Cisco to AccelOps was easy as the system is very automated and robust."
Dionex is a global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of liquid chromatography and sample preparation systems, consumables and software for chemical analysis. The company's systems are used worldwide in environmental analysis and life sciences, chemical, petrochemical, food and beverage, power generation and electronics industries.
Dionex uses AccelOps to consolidate, monitor, analyze, report and retain volumes of log and event data across 2 data centers and 30 locations throughout the United States. The solution offers real-time correlation, historical analysis and compliance reporting. AccelOps goes beyond conventional SIEM approaches by providing a single pane of glass that cross-correlates security and performance operational data across network devices, applications, databases, security, virtualization and technology boundaries.
Eric Hoy adds, "AccelOps not only addresses security and compliance, but also presents key service, performance and availability details and reports that can allow our team to be more proactive, and eliminate other redundant and limited IT management utilities, such as Solarwinds."
Key capabilities that figured prominently in making the AccelOps selection were:
• Advanced SEIM: Real-time correlation, enterprise search, robust reporting, automated exception and IDS false positive management and netflow statistical profiling to expedite incident response, anomaly detection and compliance o Visibility: Interactive dashboards and built-in alerting with deep event context;
• Visibility: Interactive dashboards and built-in alerting with deep event context, true identity resolution and configuration change tracking;
• Coverage: Agile device support for popular and custom sources, such as major firewalls, IDS, switches and routers, activity directory, VMware and Nagios, without having to wait for an update or rely on agents;
• Powerful Analytics: Simple thresholds to complex analytics to describe any scenario of interest; the rule language supports multiple sub-patterns (AND, OR, FOLLOWED_BY, GROUP_BY…), operators (equals, greater than, contains, between...), nested rules, severity and rule exceptions;
• Beyond SIEM: Automated CMDB, performance and availability monitoring, and service mapping for greater oversight, collaboration and incident prioritization by business impact;
• Virtual Appliance: Plug and play deployment leveraging VMware with software scalability that assures performance, high availability and online data retention; clustered architecture teamed with hybrid data management overcome the fixed storage, processing and upgrade limitations of conventional appliances.
"We welcome organizations to compare AccelOps' integrated security information event management and data center monitoring capabilities, and like Dionex, take advantage of our MARS competitive update," said Imin Lee, CEO of AccelOps.
About AccelOps, How IT Accelerates Business
AccelOps (accelops.net) provides award-winning data center and cloud service monitoring software delivered as a virtual appliance or SaaS. The all-in-one solution monitors data center, network infrastructure and cloud environments across service, performance, availability, security and change management. The integrated approach aggregates, cross-correlates and manages diverse operational data, both on-premise and in the cloud, to yield end-to-end visibility, efficient root-cause analysis, reduced MTTR, operational efficiency and compliance automation. The Silicon Valley-based company is privately held, venture-backed and led by experienced technology executives who created the popular Cisco MARS security information management appliance.