Media5 Corporation, a leading developer of advanced Communications over IP products, services and developers solutions, today announced that its award-winning Mobile VoIP Client, the Media5-fone supports the Apple's iPhone iOS4 software.
In addition, Media5-fone now offers a set of enhanced business features including a multi-task capability allowing applications to run in the background - users won’t miss any calls while using other apps on their iOS4 device.
As service providers continue to adopt iPhones and iPads as their principal mobile device for consumers and customers in the workplace, Media5 is committed to aggressively supporting the Apple platform with future product offerings.
Media5’s support for iOS4 allows service providers to leverage their mobile VoIP offering with new services or as a valued-added feature to their IP-Centrex, Hosted IP-PBX and SIP Trunk portfolio of solutions.
"Media5 is committed to staying in- step with Apple, and to quickly respond in offering our service provider and enterprise customers with industry-leading functionality for their iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad deployments," explained Pascal Doré, Mobility Product Line Manager at Media5. "Mobility is constantly evolving. Our goal is to provide a VoIP Mobile Client that quickly adapts to newly introduced or enhanced smartphone platforms."
Enhanced Business Feature Set
In addition to support for the latest iPhone operating system, the Media5-fone has also enhanced the feature set to optimize business usage:
• iOS4 support (backgrounder/multitask);
- Receive and answer calls while Media5-fone is in background
- While on a call, users can now look at email, surf the web or access any other information on the device.
• Call Transfer (Attended and Blind call transfer);
• 2nd Call / Call Waiting / Call Toggle;
• 3-way Local conferencing;
• Wideband and HD Voice support (G.722 & iSAC);
• Voicemail notification (MWI) with quick voicemail messages access.
About the Media5-fone
The Media5-fone is the only SIP softphone for the iPhone that provides more than just basic call functionalities, bringing business class telephony features such as Call Waiting, Second Call and Voice Mail notification (SIP MWI), thus making it the perfect iPhone SIP softphone application for Service Providers targeting businesses and enterprises customer.
About Media5 Corporation
Media5 Corporation (media5corp.com) has built upon the leading technologies of Mediatrix Telecom and M5T to develop advanced, secure, and survivable VoIP products, technologies and services for Service Providers and Enterprise Networks. Media5 products and solutions are widely interoperable and have received commercial endorsement from some of the world’s leading manufacturers of telecommunications equipment as well as from large telecommunication carriers.
Powerful Expertise & Technology
Media5 offers the following industry- leading solutions:
• Mediatrix VoIP access devices and gateways, which are designed for the enterprise, SOHO, and Service Providers markets.
• M5T hardware and secure software technologies, which are aimed towards chipset manufacturers, equipment vendors, and service providers developing applications and products for real-time multimedia communications over IP.
• Media5Boss, an all-in-one suite of solutions designed for security, survivability and mobility in multi-site, branch office environments.
Media5 has its corporate offices in the Sherbrooke area, in Canada, and regional offices in the United States, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.